• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing with 2 lines

Paul S

I would love to be able to fish with two rods for catfish. There is no reason why we as anglers should not be able to fish 2 lines for catfish. Nobody would complain, right. I can understand maybe why they would not want it for walleye and other game fish. why not just pass the rule change just for catfish? later AJ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they should let u fish 2 line for garbage fish and any fish with a limit over 10 or 12 per person. and those 13 and 14 inche fish r to small to keep nohtin less then 15 and nothin bigger then 20 unless u r puttin it on the wall.

Taste is personal and relative. For my money, the walleye's smaller cousin, yellow perch (lake perch), are about as good eating as you can get.

However, I would be hard-pressed to vote lake perch as better tasting than channel catfish.

i think we should get back on track and stop talking about what kind of fish taste better. i thought we were debaiting if we should be able to fish 2 lines or leave it at one.

Ok then big eye, here we go: I hink that two lines is for the most part dealing with shore fishermen(not to pick on shore fishermen because I have done my fare share of shore fishing) but boat fishermen have there hands full with one line where as shore fishermen have the time and free hands to fish two lines. But shore fishermen that would take advantage of the two lines deal would make up a very small portion of the fishing populous. And further more those that fish two lines are not usually fishing for one particular species, but just fishing for the fun of it. Those that fish two lines and are fishing for game fish make up an even smaller number. So is what I'm getting at is that I(in my own opinion)don't think that it will hurt the future of fishing and that boat fishermen are at more of an advantage by cover ing more area in thier boats where as shore fishermen are still covering a very small area. Happy fishing.

Jimmy