• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Can

Bigsandynorth

Have fun with that but wear ear plugs. The "racing" cans are usually pretty loud and it get's annoying after the cool sound wears off. Since they are designed to reduce back pressure, you will likely have to re-jet richer to avoid burndown when it gets cold. Also, don't ride in Wisconsin with that exhaust.

Have fun with that but wear ear plugs. The "racing" cans are usually pretty loud and it get's annoying after the cool sound wears off. Since they are designed to reduce back pressure, you will likely have to re-jet richer to avoid burndown when it gets cold. Also, don't ride in Wisconsin with that exhaust.

SShhhh! Please be quiet! Lets not get the non-sledders on our backs! cry

My advice: Don't get a can. As mentioned, you may have other engine modifications that need to be made to allow your engine to run safely and without harming itself. You are also making yourself a target to the DNR patrols - you will be stopped and checked more frequently than others running stock exhausts. Also everyone makes claims of more horsepower, but there are some cans that have been dyno-tested and found to have lost HP. Finally, I have come across fellows, who after putting on a can and liking it for the first fifty miles or so, then got sick of listening to it's "drone" for miles and miles thereafter. I don't mean to be a buzz-kill, but I thought I'd put some info. out there that you may not have yet thought about. Whatever you do, good luck and safe riding.

I have an SLP pipe/can combo - gain of hp, loss of weight, and it doesn't any louder than stock. My buddy has an MBRP can on his MXZ, it does sound mean when he cracks the throttle but it would annoy me to listen to that all day long!

I had a SLP Pipe and Can on my '04 Arctic Cat and really liked it. Not a big boost in power but definetly made the sled sound awesome but not like some of those that run the really loud pipe and cans, just had a good ' growl ' to it.

Most of your SLP items you can throw on without any mods, they will tell you if you need to make changes.

Mike

Putting on a can most of the time you will actually lose HP. In fact, on the newer EFI sleds, the noise and vibrations from a can will set off the detonation sensor and the sled will hardly run at all. If you're looking to gain some horsepower and loose some weight I would recommend a full SLP exhaust with clutching and jetting to match the pipe. If you just want it to be loud, go with a Sno-Stuff or MBRP can. It don't get any louder than a Sno-Stuff can that has some miles on it and all the packing is blown out.