• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rum River in Anoka, MN

cesmith

I don't know why you couldn't run the river legally. Safely might be another matter.

I ran a few miles of it today south of Isanti and for me, there was some serious pucker factor in areas I wasn't expecting.

Open water shows up all over the place and on a couple of bends it was lean, steer, and hope it bites to stay dry.

We go off the ice and on the trails at the first chance.

Some people like that kind of adrenaline but I didn't want the work or the mad wife that comes with a swamped sled.

Hey Wanderer we should hook up some time sounds like were close to each other. You need someone to hit local trails let me know. Ran to St Francis the other day to check out sled before northshore ride

Hey Wanderer we should hook up some time sounds like were close to each other. You need someone to hit local trails let me know. Ran to St Francis the other day to check out sled before northshore ride

HOLY SCHNIKEYS was that fun out there tonight for the little run I took!

Did you ride tonight Mabr?

Man, what an awesome combination of groomed trails and deep powder and drifts when you wanted it! WaaaHoooo! gringrin

If I plan ahead for a ride soon, I'll post here. It's always better to ride with someone. I just did a little work on my sled tonight in the garage so I had to take it out for a test.

That's kinda how I do most of my riding around home - spur of the moment. It's great to be able to ride right out of the yard. cool

What side of town are you on? I'm south.

The St.Croix has taken several sleds this year unfortunately one incident took the life of a neighbor. The rivers can change from day to day so be careful and try not to ride them at night. I myself found out the hard way on a river near Longville at night.

Yeah Wanderer Put on 39 miles tonight. Trails were a little rough in spots an icey in others. Im betting the groomers will be out tomorrow to smooth things over. Good snow though, Im still amazed at my lil 440, ran with a 09 800 tonight and he couldnt get me of his tail. Ran up to Cambridge tonight and made a pretty big loop was alot of fun!

Did that loop yesterday on my 440 chasing a Pro X 600. I couldn't stay on his tail though!

Yeah, we hit some icy patches on that ride too but even that was pretty fun.

The ride I was on tonight with the 550 was just maybe a quick 5 miles where the trail runs the ditches and some field edges. Nothing through the woods or swamps.

Dang it I seen the avitar and thought it was Leech. The laker did it.

Im on the south sie of Isanti. not even a mile south though. Trail following Whiskey is 1/4 mile away.

I was on it tonight. smile

Couldn't have been more than 2 miles from ya.

Yeah Wanderer Put on 39 miles tonight. Trails were a little rough in spots an icey in others. Im betting the groomers will be out tomorrow to smooth things over. Good snow though, Im still amazed at my lil 440, ran with a 09 800 tonight and he couldnt get me of his tail. Ran up to Cambridge tonight and made a pretty big loop was alot of fun!

mabr, beat a 800 huu? This sounds like another post for the Horse power/speed sled thread!!

Hey Wanderer, maybe the next time we run up sleding on the Northshore you should try and come along! It's a great ride & time up there. cool If we can ever get you off B/Side long enough! laugh Leech~~