• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trade Deadline Thoughts

walleyes12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the 2 moves this year. Laten and Barker. I would rather trade for these 23 year olds than risk on drafts. We have some of the worst drafts ever.

Spot On! I am with you, sign as many proven 23 yr olds as possible, as long as you can sign them long term!!! The more I looke back the more I shake my head thinking the moves DR did to this club!

A few moves being made out there. We will see what happens tomorrow.

Here are some rumors.

Ray Whitney to LA

Boyton to chicago

Ponikarovski is close to a Pens deal

Jeff FInger maybe to Chicago

MOreau maybe to Pens

And the Canucks look like they might get Horton.

HAvent heard much Wild talk, I think they are being fussy about giving up NOlan to SJ.

They should move Bela, he's a UFA next year and we are not going to make the playoffs. He's good in the PK and face offs, someone has got to be willing to give something up for him.

Colorado moved Wolski for Mueller and a prospect. Strange, Wolski was one of their leading scorers and Mueller has had a sophomore slump. This might hurt the Avs in their playoff run.

Bela just moved to Washington for a 2nd rounder. Good move for us. We need all the picks we can get to stock the shelves. At least he replaces the 2nd rounder we gave up for Kobasew (or was it Hnidy ??? can't remember).

You might call it a semi-towel throw, I think management had no plans to resign Belanger so they at least got something for him.

We are fighting with a pile of teams for that 8th spot right now, its going to take a bunch of guys to get red hot for us to make it, I don't think he is one of those guys.

I'd say it's a realists move. Fletcher knows there is a slim chance of us simply making it to the playoffs, let alone going past the first round against Chicago/SJ. So, when he saw a chance to improve the team and he took it.

Bear55 has it right. There were lots of report saying that CF wasn't going to resign Bela. Might as well not let him walk. Think of it this way. CF got more for Bela than DR got for Gabby. That is simply mind boggling!

Bear55 has it right. There were lots of report saying that CF wasn't going to resign Bela. Might as well not let him walk. Think of it this way. CF got more for Bela than DR got for Gabby. That is simply mind boggling!

That hurts my brain to even think about it!