• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northshore trail ride GTG (BLAST)

leech~~

mabr...600mxz

it always fun to meet new people

moe not sure i got back to you

but i think riding would be ok around here i thinkin it might be alittle icey though like in turns and such

but that just a guessimate i havnt been out riding

sounds like the area we're going on north shore is good come on

up there the more merrier

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a thought here !!!!!!!!!!!

we are spose to get a couple of inches friday could be enuff to dress things up around here.... leech and mabr and dew drop

wondering if if everybody would be interested in heading up the snowway 1 towords bemdji i've only been as far as walker but its

a sweet trail we can ride as far as bemdji or not decide as we go.. theres a couple of different spots to eat but but they are in towns of the trail the trail is pretty in the woods

it would be alittle closer for every body

and a pretty good group half dozen guys !!

just a thought...chime in !!

just a thought here !!!!!!!!!!!

we are spose to get a couple of inches friday could be enuff to dress things up around here.... leech and mabr and dew drop

wondering if if everybody would be interested in heading up the snowway 1 towords bemdji i've only been as far as walker but its

a sweet trail we can ride as far as bemdji or not decide as we go.. theres a couple of different spots to eat but but they are in towns of the trail the trail is pretty in the woods

it would be alittle closer for every body

and a pretty good group half dozen guys !!

just a thought...chime in !!

gregg52, thanks for the suggestion but I have really had me mind set on riding up in the northshore area. I know its a bit of a drive but the trails are suppose to have some good snow. Some of the old rail road grades can be nice, but most of them are just a little to long and stright for me. I hope your not wavering on us! smile

Leech, I'll give ya a call tomorrow around 1-2 and finish all the time etc details.

looking forward to it. Been watching utube sled videos for the last hour LOL makes me wanna go out west!!!

Leech, I'll give ya a call tomorrow around 1-2 and finish all the time etc details.

looking forward to it. Been watching utube sled videos for the last hour LOL makes me wanna go out west!!!

Sounds good, I checked the snow depth and weather forcast for the Finland area for Sat. About 22 and partly cloudy and they have about 22-24inchs of snow! cool

Who ever would like to make it, a few of us have been talking about getting together for a one day trail ride on the Northshore Sat, Feb 6th. Meeting at about 10:30 am at the bar on the right hand side of hwy 1 right as you start to go in to Finland. I think it's called the Four Seasons. The last time I was there you could unload in their lot, and hit the trails right from there. I was thinking about hitting the Moose Walk trail which is a short scenic trail back in the woods, then coming back to the bar for lunch and heading out again up the Northshore trail. There's a lot of places to go so we could all check the map when we meet and go from there. There were a number of people interested a few weeks back and we kept changing the date to try and work it out. But the good news they got a lot more snow now. If you have a open spot on a trailer maybe you could pick up someone on the way. Finland is North of Duluth. Take hwy 61 north of Duluth until you come to hwy 1 and that goes right into Finland. Lets do it this time, winter is going by! frownlaugh Leech~~ I just checked it's going to be 95 and Sunny up in Finland Tomorrow! grin

I'd sugest you guys to start further south. You can ride a nice loop starting in Two Harbors or just north of TH. It would end up being around 100 miles with Finland being your designation for lunch and you wouldn't have to trailer an extra hour north. Would of liked to join you all, but I'm heading to da big city for a wedding this weekend. The trails are in decent shape. Have fun.

see in the morning leech

i'll be headin out this afternoon

workin on trailer lights...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

either going to get em workin shortly or headin out out while its still day light hope no one a$$ ends me lol

see ya soon

see in the morning leech

i'll be headin out this afternoon

workin on trailer lights...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

either going to get em workin shortly or headin out out while its still day light hope no one a$$ ends me lol

see ya soon

gregg52 good luck on the lights. We will give you a call tonight or tomorrow morning to meet up in Finland. MA and I are meeting at his house at 5:30am and heading up. smile

Leech is a smart man

I dont believe theres any trails in minn the are even close

to as sweet as the trail we were on today !!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT DAY OF RIDING !!!!!!

Good company to...leech and marb!

gregg52, it was nice finally meeting you and putting a face to the posts. I had a BLAST! grin I truly don't know how we could have asked for anything more out of a day of riding? Great weather, great trails, great company! Other then more day light!!! I did not want to stop riding! frown I'm going to send marb, a few pic's of the ride to see if he can post them. We will have to try and make this annual FM GTG! But maybe next time try and make it for a weekend and ride even further! cool Leech~~

What a blast it was. Best snow Ive seen in a long time. Yeah we did Mcgyver, I cant beleive they dont have a fence there. Really nice overlook. There was a group building a fire for lunch while we were there. Visited the famous Tressle Inn also. I had to be the party [PoorWordUsage] and had to get home last night. Leech and Gregg didnt want to leave. Sorry guys, we need to plan on the overnight soon. We have alot of winter left. Only thing is now I wanna get rid of my dinasor after ridding Greggs sled LOL.

IMG_0453.jpgIMG_0447.jpg

More to come, Leeach, where are the rest you took? Only got 5 and 3 are with me. Im not putting them on here LOL.

mabr, thanks for posting up some pic's. Sorry for making you the star of the trip in most of the pic's, that's what happens when you only have one camera and only whip it out a few times when we did stop to snap a few shots! smile I told you I am PC illiterate, so I will try and find a way to send the whole file instead of one at a time! frownlaugh

ask mabr !!!

it was very good riding

need to do it again SOON !!!!!

Everyone start thinkin and start talkin dates !!!!!!!!!!!

Ya well I'm in for the next one, but someone else can head the next ride up. 4 weeks of bagging guys on two posts to come along and ride some of the best trails in the state was enough for me! cry

But count me in for the next one if mabr and you are going again! smile

Looks lile you guys had a great time. Got the brakes up and going on mine fri pm sat am . Never got a chance to get out. Next weekend. Hey does the trestle inn still have hamburgers that want to say NAP time after.

They must have, cause after our stop there I had a harder time keeping up with Leech. Either that or his Potato Skins/Chips woke him up! LMAO

They must have, cause after our stop there I had a harder time keeping up with Leech. Either that or his Potato Skins/Chips woke him up! LMAO

I was just doing all I could with my little 2 up trail sled to keep those two Hot Ski doos off my ars! cry

OK i think i'll start a tread for the 20-21st

maybe a 2 day ride get rides this week for who ever want to stay

most of those americans inns looked like they were full

so i think if ones going to go hafta think a little ahead

i personally think its a little far for one day trip

but would do that

any way see what happens

see who shows interest

i guess