• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northshore trail ride GTG (BLAST)

leech~~

Who ever would like to make it, a few of us have been talking about getting together for a one day trail ride on the Northshore Sat, Feb 6th. Meeting at about 10:30 am at the bar on the right hand side of hwy 1 right as you start to go in to Finland. I think it's called the Four Seasons. The last time I was there you could unload in their lot, and hit the trails right from there. I was thinking about hitting the Moose Walk trail which is a short scenic trail back in the woods, then coming back to the bar for lunch and heading out again up the Northshore trail. There's a lot of places to go so we could all check the map when we meet and go from there. There were a number of people interested a few weeks back and we kept changing the date to try and work it out. But the good news they got a lot more snow now. If you have a open spot on a trailer maybe you could pick up someone on the way. Finland is North of Duluth. Take hwy 61 north of Duluth until you come to hwy 1 and that goes right into Finland. Lets do it this time, winter is going by! frownlaugh Leech~~ I just checked it's going to be 95 and Sunny up in Finland Tomorrow! grin

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest regret of the whole day was not stopping more to take pictures. It was so beautiful you were torn between stopping to "take it in" or to keep going and see/ride more while it was that good.

Did you see any wildlife on the ride? cool

I am not sure if I am gonna make it, I am heading up there tomorrow till Thursday cause I have to work Friday and I am not sure if the wife will let me take off again.

Come on, do the dishes or some thing for her! laugh

ya tell her you will make it up to her the next week end

its valentines take her to the top of the hilton or somethime

you asked if you could ride with me to save some gas

not sure that would work i think i'm going to leave early friday

probably wont come back til sunday

Gregg52 - sorry for changing the subject but how are the trails up in Brainerd? I am supposed to be heading this for the weekend to go riding but I may opt out and head for duluth if the trails are poor.

Moe, come up with us to the Northshore this Sat, it looks like they have gotten some good snow lately. I was up fishing in Brainard last Sunday and the trails were ok but getting hit pretty hard. But, I'll let gregg52 say what he thinks of them as he lives up there. wink

well i havnt been out to honest

but i see where the groomers have been

i spose they are ok im kinda thinkin some icy tho

maybe the groomers churn it up so its ok

take leech's advice go north young man...lol

the more the merrier

Hey Leech you got mail!

Well took the sled out for a ride today to make sure ill be ok on our run to Daluth. Put about 30 miles, motor ran good BUT. I stopped to chat with a few guys on the trail, started back up and the recoil must not have puled all the rope in. Well it got tangled or touched the brake calliper, all the sudden brakes start grabbing then when I got to a stop sign it just locked up. Opened hood and calliper is cherry red. melted the pull rope in half. Let it cool down enough where the pads were free and limped back home. Looks like new pads before our trip, cant get the calipers to go out far enough for the pads to even touch now.

Question for you guys, if the rotor is warped a little will it hurt? I dont know if they are or not but as hot as it was its a strong possiblity.

Hey Leech you got mail!

Well took the sled out for a ride today to make sure ill be ok on our run to Daluth. Put about 30 miles, motor ran good BUT. I stopped to chat with a few guys on the trail, started back up and the recoil must not have puled all the rope in. Well it got tangled or touched the brake calliper, all the sudden brakes start grabbing then when I got to a stop sign it just locked up. Opened hood and calliper is cherry red. melted the pull rope in half. Let it cool down enough where the pads were free and limped back home. Looks like new pads before our trip, cant get the calipers to go out far enough for the pads to even touch now.

Question for you guys, if the rotor is warped a little will it hurt? I dont know if they are or not but as hot as it was its a strong possiblity.

Jezz, MA! Well hopefully you can get it back together. Sled rotors or not as large as a car so maybe it didn't warp to bad to feel any wobble in it? Let me know if you need a hand maybe I can run up there and help if you need some? If not we may just have to ride a little slower and you will have to Fred Flintstone it! cry gregg52, go back to the Org, post and get my email and send me your cell number so when we get up there we can get a hold of each other. It sounds like pretty nice weather up there this weekend, 22deg and chance or light snow! smile

Mabr try taking a striaght edge to the rotor. Turn the rotor by handand look for wobble. I think best bet is brace the back of the machine up in the air and just turn the track. You would need 1 more person. Watch the rotor and straight edgeto see if they touch or stay the same distance apart. Like home made dial indicater. Good luck.

so whats going on

how this roll calling ??????

Well, it looks like a lot of the guys that showed some interest in going a few weeks ago seem to be on the fence or their wifes wouldn't let them go? laugh Right now it looks like you, mabr, & I are going to have the trails all to ourselfs! wink I just checked the DNR web site trail conditions map which was not up dated since 1/28 and at that time the Finland to G/M trail had 24" inches more then any other place in the state it looked like. They up date the map once a week on Thursdays at about 2-3pm so I'll be checking it again tomorrow. So, it's still open for anyone that wants to show up. It should be a good ride! cool