• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6th Annual Spearing Get To Gator!

bassNspear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elwood see I know what works on this lake tho, better bring the hbs tho, spinners do work, but I got the secret deak that will get them in for sure, time tested even. Sorry bns but this lakes pike love spinners, better practice twisting your deaks line wink

Some ended up in black and white on my phone, but they will get the job done...

This is the picture of the turn to Sakatah lake rd you'll be on hwy or county rd 13 at this point you will have passed axels bait on the right,this is where you'll hang a right and go about 2miles.

IMG00165-20100131-1254.jpg

This is coming up on the turn that you can park by...

IMG00166-20100131-1256.jpg

In the turn, park on the right hand side of the photo, you'll see my maroon ranger there so you cant miss it unless your digging in the brownie pan... that house is yellow...

IMG00167-20100131-1256.jpg

view from other side of turn where you will park

IMG00162-20100130-1739.jpg

The lake... from the road-parking... only 1 drkhouse out there...

IMG00161-20100130-1739.jpg

that one darkhouse and my quickfish, on the point! Where we will be going...

IMG00168-20100131-1259.jpg

so overall what 50yrds to spear? not bad... last year you could drive out but the snow impacted us this year so we gotta walk out or in merks case 4wheel out in style...

So I hope these pictures help, Im assuming everyone will be coming down 35w S so you'll take faribault exit onto hwy 60 then right turn on 13. its a big intersection so you really shouldnt miss it, you need bait stop in at axels which is right on the way, otherwise you might get lost trying to find the other bait shop... Sorry these took so long to post been really busy...

Its not the lake that's the prob its the snow bank going to the lake from the road, its a tiny road to the point but there's been no trucks traveling on it this year, its not a public access either. If I lived there I'd would made a path along time ago but I don't so yeah, between 10-50yrd walk depending on where you set up... Or drive out if your elwood lol, that bank you see in the color picture of the turn is what you have to go over.