• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NORTHSHORE 8 INCHES !!!!!!!!!!!

gregg52

A group I know of was up in finland and said they got snow inland. trails where fast and in good shape. Rode from island lake up and back.

ripstick, thanks for the report. We are trying to put together a little ride of FM's next weekend Sat 6th up in Finland for anyone that can make it! wink

leech talked to them this am 10 to 14" . They had a blast up there. I know a couple more that are doing the same thing out of twig. Will post.

Rip, Thanks for the sweet feedback! There should be a little of if left up there for us still next Sat. grin

I see you guys are planing to ride this area next weekend.

We drove up Friday morning and took off out of Cloquet around 10 am. We rode up through Twig and over to the North Shore trail. The trail between Twig and the north shore was awesome as was the NS trail itself. The conditions were nothing short of perfect on Friday. We ran up to Finland and did a couple loops then headed back to the truck. Finished the day with 277 miles.

Drove over to the cabin (McGregor area) and rode there on Saturday. Made a loop over to Moose Lake and up to Aitkinson, Cromwell Tamarac and then over to my buddies place near Glen. About 160 on Saturday mostly good trails but some around Wright and Lawler were beat up a bit from the antique sled race in that area. About 430 miles total and hardly anything that wasnt great.

Northshoretrail003.jpg

Mac, that must of been you that stopped by the store. The owner said hi but forget your name.

Went on a short ride Sat from Twig to Island Lake Inn and back with goof'n off between.

Group of 8 with 3 adults and 5 youngsters. Would have been one more but Ripstick's Polaris developed a leak in the brake cylinder so his ride ended on his way to Twig.

Trails were in very good shape. Much of the snow is still hanging on the trees from the last storm so that really makes it look like winter around here. It is nice to get onto a great and very scenic trail system without having to trailer.

Mac, that must of been you that stopped by the store. The owner said hi but forget your name.

Yup it was, I didn't think he'd even remember to tell you. He was really good about giving us directions though. I would have asked him how to find your place, but with the trails so nice it would have been tough to get the guys to stop and yak. Maybe next time, I'm sure I'll be back now that I've seen it.

I walked in to the store to mail out some blades today and the first thing they said was "Macgyver". I said yep I know.

Small town type deal with friendly and helpful people.

Trails are mark pretty good but getting through the work farm might hang some people up. That would be the long fields(good for blowing out the snot) you went though before you crossed the narrows.

Trails are mark pretty good, but getting through the work farm might hang some people up. That would be the long fields(good for blowing out the snot) you went though before you crossed the narrows.

Funny you should mention that. When we came back it was dark and somehow got off the main track at that very area and ended up on a lake. Came to a stop and said wait a minute, we never crossed a lake on the way out other than Grand. We turned back and went through the fields and finally found where we missed it. After that it was smooth going.