• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"New" trailer -- need some input

Chode2235

Aluminum deck, not good if you ever want to put a snowmobile on it. The wood deck on my floe trailer is still in excellent shape after 10 years.

If your going to spend the extra money to get an aluminum trailer get the aluminum deck too. Wood will rot, I just got rid of a Floe that was a 99 model and the deck only had a couple years left before it would have had to be replaced. Get the aluminum and if you need to load a sled throw down some strips of plywood.

Go with wood, I have had a Floe trailer going on ten years, wood is still like new. Easy to replace if you ever have to.

If you ever have to replace it you have to use marine grade plywood. When I was checking around for my 10 year old Floe it was around $80 a sheet. They say green treat plywood will corrode the aluminum.

That's why I stated "cheaper" trailers. I've seen some one or two year old trailers where the wood was so warped and cracked it pulled the majority of the screws out. Our Flow is a 04 model and looks like new, then again it never sits out either.

That's why I stated "cheaper" trailers. I've seen some one or two year old trailers where the wood was so warped and cracked it pulled the majority of the screws out. Our Flow is a 04 model and looks like new, then again it never sits out either.

You could use plain old pine in that case.

Get aluminum.

I have a aluma 6310, 63in wide X 10ft long. Has 2foot sides and a full aluminum plate in front for protection, Bifold back gate. Much better than a sledbed as far as I'm concerned. Got it at Midsota Manufacturing in Avon, MN [NOTE FROM ADMIN: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You]