• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bemidji State sweeps Duluth in stunning fashion!!!!!!

mr_jman

Bemidji scores to tie the game at 4 with only 2 seconds left in regulation. They score again just 36 seconds into overtime to complete the weekend sweep of #4 Duluth.

This should put Bemidji back into the top 10!!!!!

Holy cow that must of been a great game. Thats tough for UMD to lose but they took one away from UND the same way back in December.

I think UMD is still first place in the WCHA. Denver lost to Wisconsin.

Hmm, reminds me of what UMD did to Princeton last year.

Congrats to BSU. They've done very well against UMD the past few years now. At least it was non-conference for the Bulldogs, but surely it will affect their national ranking.

2 point difference in WCHA from 1st to 5th, yikes!

I think the one lost BSU had that has been hurting them this year was the one to Ohio St. I don't put much faith in those power rankings. Your out of conference record makes a big difference in your ranking, even though BSU isn't in a conference yet. There is always some team getting the shaft and it looks like BSU getting it this year.

This will be in interesting weekend with the top six teams in the WCHA all playing each other...

UMD/UW split, SCSU/CC split, and Denver sweep of UND. It's transitioning from a race of 6 teams to a race of 5 teams for McNaughton cup. Really exciting year so far and I have a hard time predicting whos's gonna take it. 2 MN, 2 CO, and 1 Wisconsin school leading.

I see UMD does not have to play any of the other top 4 teams in the remaining schedule so that appears to be a good thing. But they have a trip to the Ralph, the far AK north, and the Gophers remaining on their schedule.

Bemidji split this weekend. The same question was asked during the game in an email. Will Bemidji get in the tourney even if they dont win the CHA tourney?

The answer was yes... I doubt they would get a 1 seed if they lost the CHA tourney though! They beat the #1 seed Miami and swept the #4 seed Duluth. There pairwise is very good and although I feel they will win the CHA anything can happen and they have lost two total games in conference play. They are the outright favorite to win the CHA, but anything can happen!