• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can You Help Cindy & Dan?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We've had several requests to do something helpful for Cindy and Dan.

They cannot use the Vacation package I offered them and Cindy has been told the cancer is not letting up.

With that in mind we are setting up a fund to help offset medical expenses and possibly allow them to do something they would like to do during their tough time right now.

Pwaldow123 will administer the fund for them.

Please send donations to:
Dan & Cindy Fund
C/O Paul Waldowski
2103 Shale Lane
Eagan, MN 55122

Whatever you can spare can help.

Thank you for your continued prayers as well.

God Bless you Cindy & Dan.

Rick

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-24-2002).]

I asked Dan for some pictures and he graciously sent a few to me. Here they are along with some of the commentary he sent me:

Cindy002A.jpg
These were taken over a year ago on
one of our little local bluegill haunts. You know the one..... Lake "X". (he he)

This is the Cindy I know and will love forever. It really hurts me to see her in her present condition knowing that what is in those pictures and the memories is all I'll have left.
Cindy001A.jpg

Anyway the
last pic is of Cindy and I with our first smoked turkey. Not a huge
bird, but well worth the effort. And if you're wondering, YES, it was
delicious.

CindyandDan.jpg

Feel free to post any or all of these on the board. The FishingMinnesota family may be
interested in seeing who we are. And thanks again for everything.

It has really helped knowing people care.

God bless you all.......Cindy & Dan

Paul,
can you keep us updated on donations when they come in, so we have an idea of how it's going.

Anyone else out there care to help send a Care package to Cindy & Dan?

While I'm a poor college student, I realize that sometimes one must give up something in order to help someone else in greater need. I will do my very best to send as much money as possible to Dan & Cindy.

Take Care and Good Luck,
Rusty

As of today we have collected just under $200. I know that we can do better than that. Everyone who has sent donations, it is much appreciated. We have received anywhere from $50 to $5 from a 6th grader in Iowa smile.gif.

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

This is an e-mail that I received from Dan:

I'd like to start out by saying thank you once again. Not only for the "Cindy" fund but for the prayers and thoughts as well. The board and all it's members have been a huge comfort for both Cindy and myself. It has really ment a great deal.

As far as the funeral arrangments go the exact dates and times are still sort of up in the air. It was one of Cindy's wishes to be back home in Marengo Illinois after she passed so Cindy's mother is handling everything on her end. This may make it a bit difficult for members to attend, but their sentiment is greatly appreciated. And personally I would be honored as I think Cindy would.

From what has been said so far, the reviewal and funeral is slated for late this week. Wednesday, Thursday. Or Thursday, Friday. I really won't know final details until tomorrow. I will send them to you as soon as I can.

Cindy has a bunch of friends from here that, due to the out of state travel and time involved, won't be able to attend the actual services. I has been brought up to me by several of those friends that they may have a memorial service, locally, for Cindy on their own. Which I would be happy to pass on to you as well. Timing on this is still an unknown.

And by all means post the info on the board. You folks have stuck by us through basically the whole ordeal. It's only fitting that the "final" chapter be posted.

It deeply saddens me to feel the loss of my soulmate. But brings me great joy knowing my little angel is now pain free and in a much better place. She's up there right now, scouting out all the good fishing holes. She'll be there, waiting for me, with a full cooler, a bucket of bait and a couple rods. In the mean time, as one post read, she'll be with me on every cast.

Paul, thanks again for everything you've done for us.

Dan & Cindy

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

Dear Dan
I offer my deepest sympathy to you my fellow fisherman. I cannot imagine how you must feel at this time of your life. But I can at the same time know how I would feel at the loss of my Best Freind and fishing partner, who by the way outfishes me quite often! Dan our thoughts and prayers are with you. Our next trip in the boat we will be thinking about Cindy. One other thing, I bet every fish she catches from now on will be a trophy!
Jeff & Mae R

Dan/ I would like to offer you a seat on our launch trip Sept 14th on Lake Mille Lacs free of charge. You can stay in our cabin Saturday night so you won't have to drive back. Let me know if your up to it and i will save you a seat... D-man

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Nice offer D-man. I hope Dan will take you up on it and have a great time.
I'm often amazed at how many people are more than willing to offer their condolences (spelling?) and sympathy, but so much less willing to actually do something to help. I'll readily admit I didn't send a huge check, but I sent what I could afford. Come on all, lend a helping hand!!! Send a check, make a generous offer like D-man did, DO something.
I don't mean to minimize the kindness and meaningfulness of the words that have been said to Dan and Cindy- but if you can swing it, lend a hand too.
Scoot

To all of you that sent in donations to our fund, I would like to say a big thank you.

To anyone that has been meaning to send a donation but just haven't got around to it, please do so soon. I will be keeping the account open for another 2 weeks and then we will distribute the funds to Dan97

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

I couldn't help but share this e-mail with you that I recently received. Just goes to show how big our FishingMn.com has become:

My name is Patrick Casey. I am from Omaha, NE. I attended St. John's in MN back in the early 80's. I am new to the forum and have found myself with a lump in my throat every time I read the wonderful things people do for those suffering and facing hardships. I commend you, too, for taking the initiative to be in the forefront of a program to help and gather people together, united in a humble cause.

I work at a Benedictine monastery, which also operates a boarding high school for boys. As the Alumni Director, I have an idea on how we can all help. On September 15, 2002, the monks will hold their 47th annual fall festival. I will head the drive. It is our intention to have a few donation buckets out, in hopes that our unity, support, and prayers will help.

I began looking at the forum, mostly because I am trying to put together a fishing trip to MN, sponsored by the Alumni Association for Mount Michael High School. I hope to get a few of the monks to go along, as many of them have not fished in a long, long time. They take vows of stability and poverty, and live on very little means, yet they are committed to service of others. We even have a student from Egan, MN!

Anyway, any additional information you can provide to me would be great, also, please send the address for return of funds. If you would like to learn a little more about us, visit <mountmichael.org>. If you have questions, please email me back at your convenience1

Peace to you,

Patrick Casey
Alumni Director
Mount Michael Benedictine
22520 Mt. Michael Road
Elkhorn, NE 68022

------------------
Paul
[email protected]