• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Rzr

Fishing Junky

Well, you want info? I can only tell you what I've heard. You know how valuable hear-say is.

I have talked personally with one person who has gone through 4 Razrs. By his own admission, he beat the ever-living snot out of them. His biggest gripe was supposedly the side frame between the front and rear wheels would collapse into the passenger compartment, potentially injuring the operator or passenger.

My first question was, if this was an issue or concern, why on earth would a person continue to purchase the machine. His reply was "They're just that fun".

Are you seeing the Bovine Fecal flag waving yet? This person was incredibly passionate about this alleged design flaw.

Me personally, I wouldn't worry about it. If a machine is used beyond it's intended purpose to this extent, you will get hurt. There simply is not an ATV on the market today that comes stock from a manufacturer built to withstand the type of abuse this person told me he put them through.

Now, other people I've talked to who have at least driven them, have said they're an absolute riot. Better yet, you can get a sportier version with the Razr S.

Now if I were in the market for a Buggy type vehicle and money wasn't an issue, I would actually opt for the Redline Revolt (not to be confused with the snowmobile). I haven't done a search on them lately to know if they survived the economy, but this would be the machine I would opt for.

If I recall, it had a Liberty motor in it that displaced 750cc. HP was around the 72-75 hp area with an avaialable turbo that would boost you up to around 100 hp. Numbers sounded great, but the downside is, the model I was looking at was a single seater, cost as much as 2 Razrs and was strictly a sport buggy.

Enough of the Redline and back to the Razr.

I've looked at Razrs before that had track kits on them. Talk about a sweet machine. You can still put a plow on them. Love it or hate it, it still has the Polaris 4x4 system. There'a asmall box on the back that's maybe good enough for a couple 5 gallon buckets. You have the opportunity to enjoy the time with a co-pilot or as the co-pilot at your own risk grin You can also outfit them with stereos/speakers. There's also a huge aftermarket for them when you decide you need new tires/wheels. grin

The other side to this is IMO, Polaris offers the only Sport SXS right now. Others may claim they have a sport model, but none of the others have a machine that you sit into like the Razr. The other models are nothing more than their standard UTV with a couple goodies added to make them look sharp. I'm not knocking these other machines as they have their place. I just can't consider something a sport when you're sitting that much higher in the cockpit. A person only has to look at the differences between machines to see the Razr is more committed to the sporting crowd.

In the past, there was a limit to how fast a UTV could go as well as how much hp they could have. I never realized this until I saw a brochure that was plastered with info about the regs. Now we have the Razr that can top out at approx 62 mph stock.

Hey LEP. Great post like always. If I went with a side by, I would want a sport. How bad was your friend beatin' that thing? lol. My Bro is trying to talk me into one. Sure seems like alot of fun for sure. Fully enclosed w/heat and the Wife would love it. You do only live once ya know? Junky.....