• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

re-filling ink jet cartridges??

MNice

I had an Epson Color Stylus 660 for many years. One day I decided to try using refilled ink cartridges. I was in the market to upgrade the printer and figured it wouldn't set me back too much to try it first.

Epson highly recommended using their ink but so too does Ford recommend using Motorcraft parts. I figured it was worth a shot.

Immediately after we began using the refills we started having problems with print quality. It seemed I was always recleaning my print heads. I rarely had to do this before. In fact, in the ten years I owned that printer I probably didn't clean the heads three times but I was doing it weekly if not more after getting the refills. Color reprodction also suffered...maybe from plugged heads or poor ink, I don't know which.

The moral of the story is that I won't waste my money on refills. You may or may not get lucky but if not, you may actually create more problems than just print quality.

I have had luck buying the refill kits off of the big internet auction site. I noticed no difference from store bought ones. Comes with the syringes, gloves, colors, etc. I think I got enough to fill 6 color cartridges and 6 black.

I just filled mine then found this thread.

If the cartridge was out of ink for some time chances are its not going to work.

Best to not let the ink go dry and add a little ink often.

Flush out the syringe with rubbing alcohol before adding a different color.

One drop of ink can make a huge mess. smile