• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good dog trainer near Elk River?

weld1

We have a 14 week old female yellow lab that we would like to send to training in the spring, trying to get some idea of good trainers in north/northwest metro/st cloud area, One place she wont go to is where game fair is held..thanks for any ideas

My family and 2 other familys that i know have had there dogs there and lets just say this, the results were less than pleasing, although this was more than a few years ago its hard to get a bad taste out of the mouth,things may be different now but i have no way of knowing. she has to go some where in the spring but would like to know who has had some good luck with different trainers, on the web you can read about how great everyone is but to know in real life would be great, not looking for the super field trial dog, just a good dog that listens, dont run away and likes to do some basic duck,goose and pheasant hunting....thanks, any help would be great!!

check out Tim Landecker. he owns TKO retrievers by hasty. He has been training for many years. His specialty is hunting dogs. He does run his own dogs and client dogs in hunt tests at all levels. he is also qualified to judge master level hunt tests. He is the one that got me started in retrievers and hunt tests. I have since moved to more fishing then dog stuff but if I would get back into retrievers and hunt tests. I would train with him.

Try Greg Schreiner over in the Stacy area.

Good guy and should not be to high priced.

GOOD LUCK

I will second this. I worked with Greg up at Typo Lake Kennels one day early on with my first pup and he was very helpful and knows what he is talking about. He helped me and two other guys through some of the issues we were having with our then young pups. I would not hesitate to send my dogs to him for training if that's what I was looking for.

I have also used the boarding kennel there for my dog and would recommend them for that service as well!