• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly or Kodiak

Capt'nMorgan

I am going to buy a 4wheeler and it will be a Yamaha. I just was wondering what the pros and cons of each if any? I like the Diff. lock... Is there any major issues with either of them. I really don't need any thing bigger than the 660. actually the 550 would be perfect. Thanks for the comments

If you plan on buying new they dont make the Kodiak anymore. They are all Grizzlys now and the 660 has been replaced by the 700. They make Grizzly 400, 450, 550, and 700. I would suggest going with the 550 or 700 because they are the only ones fuel injected. Regardless of what anyone says, fuel injection is well worth getting. I believe all the models have diff lock and IRS. They both offer the option of getting power steering as well. From what I have seen there isnt much price difference between the 550 and 700. The Yamaha 450 is essentially the old kodiak 450 which is carbed.

Can Am is a good machine but it's overall design is more performance oriented. Yamaha is more of a utility machine. I would choose the Yamaha. The 550 would be plenty of machine for just about anything. I'm thinking down the road the Yammie would be easier to a buyer for when it's time to move on.

Yeah I was going to add one to my 08 brute force. I would "think" you could add one to the yamaha but could be wrong. In all honesty I dont think they are needed with FI machines. They are wwwaaay to hard to pull anyways. I had a pull start on my old king quad and tried to use the pull start with a dead battery and it still didnt work. You could always carry a small set of jumper cables if its a problem.