• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft Dominator 175

flyboy10

I know its hard to think about summer fishing right now but I plan on getting a new boat at the 2010 boat show. I have done a lot of research and planning on the Dominator 175 Sport with a Suzuki 140. I wonder of any of you have some preformance numbers for this set up. Top end, troll down speed, and overall ride. Thanks for the help.

P.S What prop ???

Im thinking top end you will get mid 40's and trolling speed should get down in the 2mph to mid 2's. As far as prop I would call Jay Soderbloom when you get the boat and he can help you out way more than I can on here. Test the prop they give you and if that dont work change up. www.soderbloom.com

Also there is a very nice 04 Alumacraft with a 140 suzuki for sale here on FM. Check it out its at a great price right now.

flyboy - as an Alumacraft owner (trophy 195 currently) i think you'll love that set-up. I do however really like the Yami's over the Zukies...but that's just personal preference.

drop me an e-mail as I can get ya in on a great set-up with an Alumacraft dealer that isn't a sponsor so I cant name em.

[email protected]

I got an '08 Navigator/'09 Suzuki 90hp. While I can't give you specifics on your setup, I can say that you'll be happy. Mine flies along. The speedo says 44mph with practically no gear in it, but those things are always off. However, I had four people, a dog, and gear in it and my buddy's GPS indicated 38mph, so I have some faith.

The Suzuki is super quiet and I can't say enough about it. However, this is my first new boat motor so I'm sure that they all work great for the first few years.

Enjoy!

Flyboy,

My previous boat was a 2005 Alumacraft Dominator 175 CS with a Johnson 140 4 stroke (same engine as the Suzuki 140). Honsetly if I would have bought the sport with a full windshield instead of the single counsel I would probably still have the boat. It was a great setup but things changed and I needed the full windshield.

I started with an aluminum prop and switched to a stainless. I dont remember the pitch of either, but the ss made a big difference. Top end was low 40's with a modest load. Only trolled down to about 2+ mph. I experimented with drift socks to slow me down. It worked fine, but was kind of a pain. If you do a lot of trolling I would seriously consider a kicker.

Overall ride I thought was good. Nothing like my new glass boat, but very good. I had it out on some very rough days and it did pretty well.

I think you will be happy with the purchase!!!!!!!!!

Matt

I plan on getting the Sport because I spend a lot of time on Mille Lacs and the windshield will be nice. Hey midnight did you pull any tubes with that setup? I have to trick the wife into thinking this is a family boat so I can get it.

I get rid of my Dominator CS because I fish Mille Lacs, and other big bodies of water, a lot and the wife (then girlfriend) wanted a full windshield. So to make her happy I had to sacrifice. I pulled plenty of tubers with that set up with NO problem. I even tried to get up on 1 ski behind this boat with the aluminum prop. I had to drag for quite a while before popping out of the water. The wife was pulling me so I am not totally sure she knew what she was doing and had the hammer dropped all the way. But, after purchasing the ss prop the hole-shot was much improved.

Matt