• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

can my 8 year old spear?

deerhunter

Someone told me you have to be 16 to spear. I read the regulations and I understand you have to buy a spearing license when you turn 16 but until then I thought my son can spear just like he can angle without a license. I guess I dont understand why there would be a age limit to spear. Please tell me this isnt true and my son is good to go

I say hes good to go I didnt see anything in the regs against it, Id call a dnr officer just to verify but if guys can take there 3 kids and use all their lines for tip ups n what not y not 1 kid for spearing? If not Im gonna personally write a letter to the legislature about that and the $18 it costs us to spear...

Thats all I'm after hopefully he will stick one this year if he throws a spear like he shoots bow LOOK OUT PIKE!!! But he does like to watch and play with the live sucker

Post pics one way or the other!!!

It is good to get the young ones into the sport!!

I think its fine, my 4 year old attempted a few stabs last year and the local DNR officer came by while he was doing it and the only comment he made was, "glad to see the next generation getting into spearing"