• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

dark house

northspear

Next time I get the chance, I'll take some pics and post them. It is a wheeled house with 2 bunks, spears 3 and angles 4 people, can be alot of fun when spearing. Last time I had it on Winni, there was 3 of us, and had 4 northerns and 5 walleyes in the holes at the same time.

well just like DaMoose said nice to see all angles with two people. my brother in law has a house so you sit side by side walk in right there is where you sit holes right across from the door so just take my hole and make it the long way of the house and short. i didnt know what one to do but the center idea i think will work great.

Costs can easiely start at $250+ just for the materials and then hinges, locks, eye-bolts, and possible metal skies it starts to add up. I thought I could "slap" one together this last winter and I was ruddly surprised when it come to angles supports and floor plan etc. I can just say for experience if you know neighbor or buddy that has done some construction don't hesitate to ask for a favor and a case of beer to get you started becuase anything out of ordinalary size of 4x8 will make you think twice on hole placement and such. Just my .02.

Once you get one under your belt it should be easy, good luck.

P.S. When all said and done it will weight allot more than you think...;o)

mr

Darkhouse.jpg

A friend of mine built two of these years ago and they work awesome (I am no artist, I know!). They are designed to slide over the wheel wells in the back of a pickup and they load and off-load quite easily--of course, you could trailer them or build skis, too. The other advantage of the design is the built-in bench that runs the length of the house (he carpeted his and they are quite comfy). The circles in the pic are supposed to be heads! We literally fit seven guys in here comfortably (but I don't suggest it--you never get a turn to spear:), and all angles of the hole are extremely well covered. I have never seen a way to maximize space that worked this well in a 6'x8' house. I would have to think a downsized version is possible. And I am sure the question is on someone's lips, so I can say without a doubt there are no stability/tipping problems in this design. The two my friend built have been used for at least 15 seasons with no problems whatsoever.