• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scrap wood

BOUNCED

sorry spearhead, i don't have an answer to your question but how do you like the woodburner in the spearhouse? you worry about the embers in the stove when u leave or you dump them out or how does that work? i've always wondered how people deal with the woodstove.

I love it. I'll always had a wood stove so it's just part of the spearing experience for me. It takes some getting use too, I've had it way too hot on more than one time. I just let it burn out. That's why I like the pine 1x4 they always burn the same and they almost burn to nothing leaving minimal ash.

On Hwy 65 going north, just before you get to Isanti, on the east side of the road, alot of times there are big piles of pallets and shipping materials that have a free sign on them.

I would guess there are other places that give away their shipping crates/pallets.

I would think that is prob what you are looking for?

I may have a bunch osf scape wood along with some oak firewood that needs to be split up and I am also burning wood this year and think I have enough for the both of us.

I also am working on getting a bunch of cabinets scraps for burning. I'll let you know.

Ever check construction sites? Usually around new homes and buildings that are going up they have a dumpster and throw all sorts of decent wood in them. Some of it is still good to make deer stands or whatever you need.

RED

spearhead I did find out where we can get a bunch of wood for the shacks hope fully with this cold it doesnt all disappear ,you coming my way this weekend to spear if so I'll let you know then where it is

Are you bribing me to spear with you? I may be out there Saturday morning if you're making it out. I can't really check my lake until after dark to see what kind of damage this snow has created.

**EMAIL SENT**