• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When will it end?!?!?!

McGurk

I went to my Google home page this morning, and there is the apparent winner of American Idol in the news for his "performance" at the American music awards last night. I didn't watch it but he apparently feigned oral $ex with a dancer and madeout with his keyboardist. Scandal. Also, Jennifer Lopez tripped during her performance; and that also prompted another news story.

Where I'm going with this is that is seems like these "awards" shows are becoming nothing more than chances for "artists" to enact staged performances with no reason than to provoke a news story. I 100% believe the Kanye West/Taylor Swift "scandal" was staged from the moment he got out of his limo carrying his booze. I didn't watch those "awards" etiher, but we were bombarded with stories about it for weeks. He was on Leno's new show the following day! Coincidence? Not a chance. There was now interest to tune in where there was none before.

Now we have last nights debaucle. Is that the new "viral marketing" that they or their agents need to use to sell themselves? It was even admitted to when it was another MTV "awards" show that had the character Bruno fall crotch-to-face on Emimem's lap. Afterwards, they admitted it to be a hoax, and they each benefited from the free publicity (one's new movie, the other's new album). As PT Barnum said; "It doesn't matter what they write about you, just make sure your name is spelled right." This could even conceivably go back to Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" during the Superbowl, and I'm sure further than that.

Any thoughts on the reporting of the ridiculous-ness?

I wonder that same thing. Where is it all going to? Heck, we had some off the wall people too when we were growing up but holy cow nothing like they have today! I don't remember many songs except that Country Joe and the Fish song about Viet Nam that had to be censored to play on the radio. Now songs seem to not be cool unless they incorporate something off way the wall in it that is best described with a slough of f-en-himers in the song! Seems there are a lot if things that go way over the edge and there will probably be more. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo