• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Perm Shack Build...

Laska

So some of you may remember the big honkin perm shack I built last year... well I scrapped it for a smaller lighter version, and Im in the process of building a new one since there aint no darned ice out there yet...

This thing will have a fold down bunk shelves, 47x27 spear hole, 2- 8" holes and fold down shelving.... Plus whatever else I can think of smile

Floor Frame

IMG00135-20091119-1233.jpg

Covered Floor-havent cut 8" holes yet

IMG00136-20091119-1914.jpg

47"x27", plus 2- 8" holes when my grandfather wants to do some oldskool ice fishing... smile Is that hole big enough for ya BNS? Probably a little short on the width but I wanted to be comfortable walking in their and not fallin in the hole.

Ice holes cut, 4-2x4'a for skis, All painted with exterior oil based enamel the shack will now sit almost 7 inches above the ice...

IMG00145-20091128-1653.jpg

Floor Carpeted...- wow those ice holes look small but there not...

IMG00148-20091130-0839.jpg

3 walls are up still a little strip on the back wall to cover, roof is getting rubber roofing you see on commercial buildings, Inside is gettting painted dark grey, since its gonna be dark in there dont matter what color the inside is.

IMG00146-20091130-0837.jpg

Still alot of work to do yet but, I think I have time, made the bunk too, should work out great, the ice holes are positioned so I can use real weeds if I want to and they will be out of the way, one side will house my underwater camera w/real weeds so I can see the nords 360 around my hole... This year is gonna be sweet...

Gotta Portable buddy heater with 20lb tank that will heat this puppy. Anyone have any suggestions on ventilation?- Like a vent or just open the door...

Also Anyone have ideas on an easy way to clean out the spear hole on the return trip after a long week or couple days... Just use a ice saw or screening... or...

What type of design for a insulated hole cover, just like insulation on the underside of the cover?

Ya that is what I was thinking.

Make sure the insulation don't touch the water so it would freeze in but you should have about 6 inches to the water right?

I would paint the inside flat black and that is what I do on mine really makes a differnce for veiwing just go to menards and pick up the cheapest flat black you can get and start up the heater get good and warm then shut off heater paint turn on heater and in no time it will be ready for use.

Originally Posted By: shamalex72
looks good. you might want to put a front lip of some sort on the shelves, just to be on the safe side.

You definitely want to put a front lip on all the shelves, things always have a way of gravitating to the hole.

Just for you 2 guys Ill put the darned lip in lol, Ill be posting pics throughout the day, woulda posted some yesterday but my phone/camera died.

Got the heater hung... Warms it up in here quite a bit, Will be getting a 20lb tank shortly which will sit outside.

IMG00157-20091203-0857.jpg

Bunk is in, as of yestersday- folded up

IMG00155-20091203-0855.jpg

Folded down...Wife and I sat n laid down on it together and it didnt budge!

IMG00156-20091203-0856.jpg