• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I got swans too...

not nearly as cooperative as X's though!

IMG_1408.jpg

This family group of 5 trumpeter swans flew in about 8:30 AM on Sunday morning - as I was in my jammies, having a cup of coffee. Of course, they landed a few hundred feet down the shoreline and around the corner smirk So I ditched the coffee, dressed and went out to try to get some images. They were on the lake until at least 1 PM - at that point they floated out to a different area and I could no longer get close enough to see where they went - never did see them take off. It was a fun adventure though. Getting the whites just right continues to be a challenge for me!

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

Thanks all -

Well done. At first, I thought all you got was swan butts. grin Then I scrolled down to the other photos. It takes time and patience to catch them doing something interesting, like you did in the second photo.

I was going to name the thread Swan Butts - but was afraid I'd get censored! I probably spent close to 2 hours sneaking around the cabins, trying not to spook them and get into a spot where I didn't have docks, boat lifts, etc in the way. Then I spent another couple of hours at different times during the morning stalking them - it was fun. And I actually had to be pretty patient to get all 4 butts in the air at one time - the 5th guy was in shallower water and didn't need to reach as far for his breakfast wink

At any rate it was a fun morning.