• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need input on a new bow????

walleyeguy7

i have been looking at new bows recently hoping to get one for or after christmas (hopefully) but i have been looking at 3 different bows and i really like all of them and would like to hear if anyone has any one of these ar has used one in the past and your personal opinion; one is the gander mountain techunter exterminator the others are the PSE bow madness and bow madness xs. any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

bow madness xs is a good bow, but its a bit slow compared to the other bows, techunter exterminator shoots like a dream and is essentially a diamond with different paint, similar to the black ice if I remember correctly, if I had to choose I'd go with the techunter better speed and smoother shooting

I have shot just about every make and model of everything. But to be honest i still continue to buy mathews bows i have owned 5 of them and never had to work on 1 of them they have worked like a dream from the box!!!!! Might not be as fast as some of the other bows but what you gain in speed you have less margin for error. You have to just shoot one and see they just feel differant and a few feet per second is nothing when it is all said and done. Have shot about 50 deer in the last 4 years all over and never had a speed problem!

Shoot a Diamond Iceman and you might just walk out with it. yes I agree that mathews are nice but you are really paying for their advertising.

JD- Why have you owned 5 mathews? Do you buy a new one every year? The only reason I bought another Diamond was because my black ice was stolen out of my truck...which is a hole different story.

thanks for the input so far! i would like to own a matthews but unfortunately im kinda limited in price to around 550 the 2009 bows are on sale for about $100 less so i was trying to get the most bang for my buck plus i have to spend a little $$$ on getting the bow set up, arrows rest sight etc....

decisions decisions! i wish i could find the time to go and shoot all these bows, i have looked at all of them that were suggested been researching them , reviews so on and so forth and most sound worthwhile to go and try out. hey james where did you get that mission eliminator? any ways thanks for the pointers. the pse bow madness line of bows was more in my price range and are sweet shooting i was hoping someone had some first hand info on those but i am definitely going to broaden my horizons a bit and at least see what else is out there.

decisions decisions! i wish i could find the time to go and shoot all these bows, i have looked at all of them that were suggested been researching them , reviews so on and so forth and most sound worthwhile to go and try out. hey james where did you get that mission eliminator? any ways thanks for the pointers. the pse bow madness line of bows was more in my price range and are sweet shooting i was hoping someone had some first hand info on those but i am definitely going to broaden my horizons a bit and at least see what else is out there.

Archery Headquarters here in Rochester. Mission bows are made my matthews. Basically they don't have all the bells and whistles. I love mine.

I just bought a PSE bow madness 2 weeks ago, an upgrade on a 20 year old PSE. I was going to hold out for a Mathews, but the price was right. I guess calling it slow would be a relative term to me, its a smoking fast lazer compared to what I had. I really like it, light, highly accurate, and it just looks mean. The guy helping me said "if you can tell the difference in shooting between this and a mathews, you are a better man than I" I can't qualify that, but the PSE is sure good to me.