• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Carp Fishing

JimBuck

How is Carp fishing this time of year? Things seem to be slow in the Carp forum so I'm curious if people are still out chasing em'. I've got a surplus of crawlers left over that I would like to use up before the season's over. Thanks guys.

They still eat in cold water. I actually caught a few last year about this time on big live shiners... I thought the first one was a fluke, but then I caught another. And another. I've heard that they become more piscivorous in colder water, and since they're bulking up for winter, it would make sense that they're after the high-protein stuff.

The trick, though, is finding them.

The trick, though, is finding them.

exactly, thats been my biggest problem in the cannon and vermillion rivers lately.

i got a little drum last weekend (my one and only of 2009 frown ), and that was the first roughfish i've caught in over a month and a half frown

We've been getting a bunch of big carp on the river lately. Whenever I got a little tired of pitching jigs, I would take the plastic off and throw a crawler on my jig. Toss it out and wait.

We had a couple close to 30" yesterday.

friday night we caught a couple of carp along with channel cats, muskie (and mud puppies). If you can look for a warmer water area in a lake or river that is a good place to start. Otherwise pretty much can find them in their usual haunts. I have caught them this time of year on plenty of baits too from crawlers to candy to corn.

the holy grail for carping to me is to be able to target them through the ice. If any of you guys with underwater cameras see them let me know what types of areas you are seeing them in.