• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storm Chasers

EBass

Does anyone watch this show? WOW they get some footage 300 yards away from an F2. Crazy hail storms and cows flying around the twister.

Sean Casey whines way too much though. How can the Tiv2 still be in the shop when it was in the shop last season?

Reed Timmer is a bit annoying. How many times can a person say "Dominating"? But he sure has a knack for knowing where the twister will cross a road.

The biggest problem I'm having with it, just like history channel did with Ice Road Truckers, is they're starting to get too dramatic.

Reed is constantly acting like he's drank 3 pitchers of coffee and chased them down with 4 Red Bulls.

I think the new one this week shows his long time partner wanting to quit because Reed is too overboard.

I liked last year with the Doplar people, it showed some of the science that goes into it.

This year is just a bunch of wired daredevils.

Where did the guy in the doppler truck from last season go? If he was smart he would have told that Sean to kiss his you know what a long time ago. Hey little buddy....I'm the meteorologist and you're the camera guy, shut up and listen to what I tell you instead of chasing your "gut" feelings and maybe you'll get some footage.

I think the producers figured there were more "dramatics" with Sean trying to run with 2 other guys in a pickup.

I haven't quite figured out what the 3rd pair of guys in the Black Chevy are in the show for, other than they can now have 3 different vehicles groupings chasing tornados, thereby getting more on the show.

When the dopplar team was running, then they only had 2 groups out, since Sean was basically tied to them. Even the Scout was still usually fairly close to Josh and the Dopplar.

Yup saw that the doppler is back along with a crew of 40 vechiles. Then Reed gets out fitted with his version.

I agree with the overbearing drama! I don't want to see John and Kate plus eight tornadoes. Just film the twisters.

That was funny watching Sean hit the ditch. Tiv2 is back so that's cool.

Why is Josh such an ar$e? That's the doppler dude.

Originally Posted By: EBass

Why is Josh such an ar$e? That's the doppler dude.

He has a Phd. and a big grant from the government.

I agree.

Plus, he doesn't seem like a guy with much personality. He's a scientist that takes things very seriously, focused on "data". He's not into the drama of a tornado.

Sean talked about how he's treated a bit like a hanger-on, which, IMO, he is.

However, if he ever does get the whole video of being struck by a tornado, I'm sure Josh will soon become a very good buddy.

I can understand Josh's point of view too though. He's trying to coordinate 40 vehicles that are on the same page as him as far as trying to collect data, then you have a "cowboy" that you're supposed to get directly in the path of something that doesn't have a direct path.

I can understand where Josh could feel Sean is in his way.

Originally Posted By: Black_Bay
I just hope I'm never in a place where I see all these vehicles stopped on the side of the road with the occupants standing there pointing into the sky.

Worse yet, you're driving by, and they're all heading to the nearest ditch to lay down. laugh

That is something those crazies don't do. They just stand there and start running towards the tornado after it goes by.

In case you missed it, tonight are the last 2 new episodes.

Sean gets a tornado shot, and Reed gets trapped in a big tornado.

One thing that still cracks me up with these Discovery Channel shows, is how bad the editing is.

They'll show the vehicles going down the road, with weather equipment on top of the vehicles, then the next shot, the equipment isn't on the vehicles.

Or it'll be bright and sunny, then the next shot it's rainy and cloudy.

I watched the final episode last night that I had DVR'd and it was amazing. That last tornado was unbelievable and watching those guys run ahead of it to drop their probes and then take off to get out of the way had my heart pounding a little bit. I can't imagine the feeling of seeing that thing in your rear view mirror. eek.gif

I watched it also and I have to say I loved it! It was good to see Sean finally get his film he was hunting for. Reed is crazy for driving into that last tornado when the windows blew out that thing was an absolute monster! Love this show, cant wait to watch it in the future.

I got to see the dominator role through my town a few weeks ago or so when we had a big outbreak in my area. Sadly they rolled for the twister that was too rain wrapped and got stalled by torential downpour and hail. Reed was able to get footage of a twister to my north which was an F2, plenty of opportunities for them even out of tornado alley.

I find myself watching on Reed's site all the live cams as they chase these things. Last week they had a big one in El Reno, OK and no one could catch it on camera, just crazy how it all works and how chances are missed more often than not.

Looks like the various storm chasers are making their way into the moderate risk area for today which goes from Thief River Falls down to central Nebraska. Gonna be a steamy one out there. Dominator 2 is heading to ND.

The season started with the Birmingham and Tuscaloosa storms. One of the tornadoes that hit Auburn. Very wicked pics. Looked like it had smaller tornadoes spinning around the main one. Wasn't Joplin a week after that? Amazing! I feel for the people affected though.

So I hear that Discovery isn't going to pick up Storm Chasers for another season. What's up with that!??!!

They have two shows about gold now and about 1/2 dozen shows filled with slack-jawed hillbillies and rednecks with marble filled mouths cutting trees or making moonshine, yet drop the one that is far more realistic and a whole lot less scripted?

FAIL.