• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Catfish Gatherings

We'll all meet at West Sibley (Land Of Memories Park)...Its on the West side of the Blue Earth river inlet. If people want to fish St. Peter, its only 15 minutes away and they also have camping by the ramp if needed.

I'm thinking between noon and 1 o'clock to be there.

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What pound test do you guys use for catfishing? And do you have to have a catfishing pole (like the ones I've seen in the stores)?
What other equipment is required? What size sinkers, hooks, etc...(just in case my son & I can ever make it to one of these events!)

~Gretchen

ladylikestofish, there is a thread on the "Catfish" forum that addresses the subject of line and hook size and weights. Plenty of info there. smile.gif
Lucky

[This message has been edited by LuckyFish (edited 06-19-2003).]

Say, Dark30 -
Was there a 'master thread' with all of these dates on it, or are ya kind of making it up as ya go? I'd love to make another one, especially if it was within an hour of the cities.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Frog Stomp Up-Date:
mjfrog06.gif

I plan to do another deal on the Red for my B-Day. Last year was a hoot, met some good folks, had a great time too.

I hope to get a idea of how many may wish to attend so I can get some details ironed out.

If possible I will get a special camping permit for the Gooseberry Park in Moorhead. The Gooseberry Park and the Lindenwood Parks are connected by a walk Bridge. Both are very nice parks, Lindenwood has full camping with electricity, showers, sewer, all the good stuff for pull type campers.

Gooseberry Mound Park is wide open and very nice with room to roam, nice park for kids.

The Lindenwood Park would not require any special permits or other talk, just make reservations ahead of time for camping and tent space. Lots of shade, a good clean park right next to the Roger Marris Ball Field.

We who use boats can access above the Midtown Dam and run up to the park to dock. There is good shore fishing in that area plus folks could wonder all over the areas Dams and streams if they wish. A best choice to hub from in my opinion.

Just wish to get some feedback ahead of time to what may work or not. Feel free to make suggestions and if you know already you wish to attend please post it.

This is a free event, just a get-together among friends. If we decide to have a friendly fishing tournament, it will be simple and most likely on the honor system.

I don't wish to work too darn hard on my B-Day, ya see....simple is best!

Map link to Lindenwood Park.
http://rd.yahoo.com/maps/insert/extmap/*-h ttp://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?&country=us&addr=Lindenwood+Park&city=Fargo&state=ND&mag=9

Lindenwood Campground
Fargo ND 58103-2083
Phone: 701-232-3987

Lindenwood Park Campground

The Lindenwood Campground is one of the finest campgrounds in the Upper Midwest. The campground is conveniently located just off I-94, Exit 351 in Fargo for easy entrance for travelers. The heavily wooded campsite is nestled along the Red River, adding to the "wilderness feeling" of Lindenwood Park. Campground conveniences include paved drive, electricity, picnic tables, running water, hot showers, restrooms, playground facilities, sand volleyball courts, and bike trails.

Forty-five campsites are provided with water and electricity, along with twelve tent sites with water. Campsite fees are $22.00 per day and $12.00 per day for tent sites. VISA and Mastercard are accepted. Campers are limited to no more than a fourteen night stay per month. The campground is open May 1 through October 15. Weather permitting. Reservations are taken at the campground starting on May 9th at 3:00 pm.

Information Center at Lindenwood Campground.

The Lindenwood Information Center will be open at 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm, May 9th - 18th and starting on May 19th - September 1st the campground will be open 9:00 am - 9:00 pm. On September 2nd - 30th the campground will be open 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm.

NEW at Lindenwood Park - Trailpath Rentals:
New to Lindenwood, Trailpath Rentals is a bike rental facility located behind the Information Center. There will be a wide variety of rentals including: Fun Cycles, Banana Peel, Siretta Surrey Bikes, Tandem Bikes and Handicap Bikes. Fees vary depending on rental time and bike.

Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

get_file.html?mid=172

Backwater Guiding "ED on the RED"

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 06-27-2003).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Red River Frog Stomp is going to be a blast. Let Ed know soon if you're coming. It's this coming weekend. Quite a few of us are going to be there. Ed's done a nice job of setting this one up.

Are you looking to get in the know on how to round-up frogs and catch 20 to 30 lb Channel cats?

Here's your chance. You have some expert Red River Cat and Walleye anglers who will be in attendance. Don't miss this annual outing. Designed for fun.

The Metro Minnesota River gathering is 9/13/03. I believe it's in Carver. I also think you can see more details in the Catfish, Metro, or Minnesota River forum as well. Quite a few of us will be there as well.

Hopefully Dark30 or Dennis Steele will enlighten us here too.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-26-2003).]

ALL are invited to the second anuall Carver Cat Gathering (Charcoal,Clickers and Cats)
Spend an evening or all night fishing with you friends at FM.

Saturday, September 13th, Meet between 3-5 pm.

We will meet at the boat landing late afternoon for a little chat and charcoal.Then hit the water for clickers and cats.
Plenty of water to fish from shore or bring your boat.
Come for an hour or come for the night.
There are sand bars to camp on just upstream or if your not that adventurous there are accomodations close by.

Click on the link below for directions.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=A7UAlup_0TpYBHV0apP8HV6s.epI qzjHqg--&csz=Carver%2CMN&country=us&resize=s

Here are some accomodations.

Chaska
http://www.bestwestern.com/prop_24119
http://www.the.super8.com/chaska03664
Shakopee
http://www.parkinnshakopee.com/
http://www.americinn.com/search_pages/property_return.asp?City=Shakopee&State=MN

http://www.countryinns.com/shakopeemn%20

Shakopee Valley Rv Park and Campgrounds
952-445-7313

[This message has been edited by Dennis Steele (edited 08-28-2003).]

speaking of which- how are the conditions looking of the Launch/river level so far at Carver? I know it was pretty low last time I was on it with WWG about a month ago; but haven't been back since. My boat isn't all that big; it's still only a 14'er but has a long shaft and is a deep hull (lund s series I think...) so it draws a little more water. Guess it wouldn't be too bad if I followed/had someone with who knew the river better. Late afternoonish? Might try to just get the following day off of work and bring the boat with me; I'd prally be there around 5...

I'll be there with my son as soon as I can get there after the Shore Gathering in Anoka. We're gonna camp.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."