• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2003 Catfish Gatherings

Maybe we should start thinking about where to have a few gatherings.

Working around other events may be a little tough so don't expect to make every one of them. Saturday nights will work the best all around and I think if we figure on 3-4 events, that should be enough to hook up with everybody at least once.

We need to consider a place to stay for out of towners and easy spots to fish for those without boats. This will not be a tournament style schedule but if you feel the need to put in a buck or two for bragging rights...I'm in!

Oh, the foggy river and the sound of thousands of tiny wings around your ears!....Can't wait!

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how about we shoot for a 2nd annual "Backwater Eddy's B-day" & "Frog Hop-N-Stomp" here on the Red?

Same cat time same cat place...August 31.

grin.gif

Ya-all ready to Hop-N-Stomp on over again Dark30 and Fishhead? I'll eat Rick's steak again if he don't show, the last one was might fine. Ya missed out Rick!

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-05-2003).]

Sounds like a plan! August 31st for the 2nd annual "Backwater Eddy Birthday Bash and Frog Hop" on the Red river....Bring a big net for the Cats and a small one for the frogs! We'll grill da beef as usuall!

------------------

Last year we made it to Carver and was planning the red gathering but other things came up and time was cut to short to make it. But we are going to try and make as many gatherings as we can this year. Alot of fun and great way to put a face to some of the names. So hope to see alot there.

Catfish1

Sorry Canopy Sam! I spaced out your earlier post about the spring gathering!...Didn't need to start another one I guess.

Anyhoo, Fishhead is thinking of a date for Carver. no_spam is planning one for the Mississippi right?

All I can think of other than those would be something down around Mankato or even further west upstream? Any other ideas are Welcome..

------------------

Carver would be nice again but maybe someone could talk to the folks at city hall and get something lined up for us to camp there for that week-end. Or have it up or down river some where. Just a thought.Yet us know when the date is and we'll be there.

Catfish1

No Worries Dark! "If you plan it, they will come!"
I really like the idea of having several of these. I'd hoped to make the BP cat league this coming summer, but I don't think I'm gonna have the time.
New water for more cats would be great. I really liked the water we found up by St.Peter! I would think we could find a good spot to set up there for the night and fish from shore...
I'd really like to get back up in Ed's neck of the woods too! Or even farther north yet?

Fistchoice,June 13-14 on the Mississippi sounds good! Being its a friday night it could conflict with our friday night league but I'll be there if not. BTW, Sorry I never got to use my gift certificate last summer....Maybe you can show me around your stretch of the river instead.

Canopy, Pick a date for the St.Peter/Mankato area and we'll do that too! Theres places to camp down that way for any out of towners who want to come cattin'

------------------

Dark30,
If you think it would be better we can change it to the 14th and 15th of June.

Sure could show you some stuff on the Miss if you like. There are a lot more cats here then people think.

Saturday night would work for me. smile.gifI am fishing the league too.

As for the Carver Cat gathering I will post those dates as soon as I get dates set for the Metro L.E.T.S. Tourneys.

Hows it goin Dragon?! Spankey the Monkey?... I thought he was gone for good...You can keep um if you want. I did end up with 4 fish over 30 last year but no 40+. Onward to 2003!

------------------

Ya I still have spankey. It's a good thing he's a fishing monkey and not a hunting monkey!

Only been on the ice for a week and nothing but small fish. Oh well got to do something till the end of may, frist stop hole # 24 good for at least 1 maybe 2 40+ cat's.

Picked up a new Abu Garcia reel it's a 7000c4 LD. The reel has a lever on the side for the drag, This reel is made for the river!!

So when is the frist meeting? Is it time yet haa? Are we there yet? You mean I have to wait till spring!! shocked.gif

I would say it's more like seen the light and was "Born Again" a catman.

grin.gif

You considering that event in Canada? Hope so, if you have any questions give me a buzz and we can work out any complications. It is a good idea to reserve a room early at cat's for that week! I may have 2 extra beds open in our cabin(4 in each room 5 with the couch), not sure yet? Depends on what days you come up. I will be there all the week before and maybe the week after the event too. I will be booking trips for those weeks and also have some media folks popping in.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

ed-logo.jpg

I'd like to attend one of these catfish gatherings, maybe the one on the Mississippi. I've always enjoyed catfishing from shore either on the Minnesota at Shakopee or by Coon Rapids dam. Do you all fish from shore or off a boat?

I'm game for the carver get together, if i'm welcome?
A couple of buddies and I fish btw leseur and burnsville, mostly cats and eyes, an occasional "river" fish, whatever that may be... Best thing about the river, not sure what it is till it's in the boat! Hopefully i'm in town all summer, I'll try to get out at least once or twice a week. Last summer was in Alaska salmon fishing for 2 months, kind of ruined that cat season.

Andy

You guys are more than welcome to show up. Anybody who likes Catfishing or wants to learn more can show up...Its not a tournament style thing.....Just friendly river rat gatherings. We'll be fishing from shore as well as from boats. Last year I think we had anywhere from 5-10 people or so and I think we could grow that a bit.

WET NETS!

------------------

[This message has been edited by DARK30 (edited 01-23-2003).]

Dark30; The wife and I and of course Bud will be there again. Looking at some motor homes so will have a different rig again. But the same old boat. Planning to up date my boat in the spring of 2004. Can not wait for that to come. Shoot can not wait till this spring to get here.

Catfish156123

Hey,
I went back through the posts from last year's Mississippi gathering and noticed references to camping on an island - can we have it somewhere where that's an easy option again this year? My wife would like to join in and a camping trip is just the thing!! Little fire, fish from shore, kids can explore a little....

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC