• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everyone.....

bassNspear

hey big shooter i'm here as usual. laughlaughwink really been slow and quiet. but for me thats good, means no trouble. those where my thoughts to. slowly gettin things ready for winter in general, along with the various hunting ventures yet to do. boat business still there yet or slow also?

I put a fresh thick coat of oil based paint on the floor of the 8X8 northlander and I am making up some new poles for it this weekend. I will post pics on here to show how I made the poles (3/4" and 1/2" conduit). I plan to open up the holes some this year too. I still need some carpet but I may or may not get to that yet this year.

I have to get with Elwood and see about fixing up our secret weapon for this season. The Hillbilly R&D Department ran out time and ice last winter.

I am also working on a new way to store/transport my decoys. When I have that perfected I will get some pics up here too.

So all in all I have been ramping up and still waiting for the big freeze.

waterfowl on the brain but every time I walk in the garage I see a spear that I bought at a garage sale and get fired up about it not many days left until spearing starts.

yea merk we better fire up the R<D dept cause you know as well as I do ice timke will be here and we won't be ready

Got it on my brain last week when I went to a sale to buy a gun and ended up buying 5 more spears for my collection and 10 more old decoys that my boy asked when do we get to use them, when I told him u don't he said then what did u buy them for?

BNS,

Well I might be new to the spear forum but not new to FM. I have speared on and off over the past 10-15 years. Built my own fish house with 4 holes and medium size spear hole to accomodate the urge-love i have for spearing last year it never saw ice. Been bowhunting much as possible so thats why i've been absent over here but when I get some time I will pull the house up to the house and gett'r ready and put the finishing touches on it. It's going to be on a community spot mostly for easy access because I have two young boys 5 and 3yo and will be more for pan fishing but first ice it will be hitting the early ice for pike. When I get time I'll take pictures and post will need some assistance with that but when I get ready I'll let you guys know....I'M SO EXCITED TO SPEAR IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!

Did most of my spearing up in Bemidji when I went to college and had allot of lakes to myself so it might be a challenge but worth it.

Regards,

mr

BNS/merkman well I was hoping to participate at a GTG and suggest the lakes area but I didn't want to suggest the idea if I couldn't participate and I travel allot for work so I would feel bad if I petition the GTG and not be present. I'll see how this winter goes and hope my oldest takes to spearing like he does bowhunting it should be fun!!!

Regards,

mr