• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ports are not working

Scott K

I just installed a new OS (XP PRO), on a new mother board, everything is working good, I did all of the updates, updated the drivers from the mother board site. The problem I am having is, none of my ports are working, the usb mouse, keyboard doesnt work, although the red light on the bottom works fine. I have tried a couple different mouse's. My modem doesn't work, I have a pci port, and that doesn't work.

I have done all of the updates, I have re installed the disk and tried to repair it, with no luck. Any suggestions? I have ran ckdsk, no problems found? I am thinking a possible bad disk?

Does the PS2 mouse and keyboard work? If not I suspect a bad Mother Board some something wrong with the power getting to the motherboard.

If some devices do work you could open device manager and remove all the devices and then restart the PC and let it find the devices again.

The ps2 mouse and keyboard worked. I went into devise manager, and found there was no drivers assigned to the USB hub, I installed one, then checked my other drivers, and I am back in business!

Thanks Shack!

Are you able to open the bios on the motherboard on startup ?

Often when installing a new Motherboard many of the ports are turned of on the bios.

you know that screen you see before windows tries to boot. Usually you must hit F1 or some other key specified when the

screen opens.