• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

Oh, come on, we've got Shep! In all seriousness, we do need another center and I think that will be a priority this summer. Ebbett is a good 2-3 liner, and Shep has turned into a 4th line center. We need someone to fill that other 2-3 line spot.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shep can fetch water for Mikko! Eh maybe we are too hard on Shep, he's only 22, he could have some kind of miracle turn around next year. Its really too bad the Wild didn't let him him grow up a little in the AHL.

Alright Solbes, you asked for it you get it. I am going to have to lace up my bauer 2000 and center that second line.

This trade just seems a little off to me. You are right who is going to center? Are we going to move someone up, Almond? Cause we all know it isnt going to be PMB.

We cant even use our first round picks for something. What are we going to do with a 2nd. Maybe trade it along with Harding and Shepard. Maybe the wild came real close, and they have a little something planned for the off season.

There's the person I was forgetting about. Yeah, Brodziak does center that 2nd line. You're right.

Hey, the next road game is Friday in Edmonton and Shep is Canadian...I'm just saying it would be easy as far as the whole immigration thing goes.

I really think Shep got thrown into a role he was nowhere near ready for and is now stuck in since we can't send him to the minors without putting him on waivers. He's lost confidence in himself and any drive he once had to play as hard as he can. We've seen him be effective, but that sophomore slump came around and he never recovered from it. Instead of sending him back to minors for a while, he sat in the media room or the bench and played 5 minutes a game.

The best thing for him would be to get traded to a team with a solid minor league team and get sent down for a year or two. Hopefully we would get something in return.

If that is our center plan for next year.

Kiovu

Brodziack

Ebbett

You can forget about 2011 as well then.

Fortunately, I do think they are making room for another center or 2. We have a little identity crisis with some players that need to be cleaned up. Brodziak, doesnt quite have the offensive abilities to be a 2nd line center on a good team. However he is young with talent. Ebbet is similar, but not as good. Neither of these guys play third line center hockey either. Brodziack does have the size to bang around on the third line though. And with Boogaard and worthless shepard hitting people on the fourth line, maybe third line doesnt need to be as physical, but then what to do with Clutterbuck.

I do have confidence that we will put a good team on the ice next year though. Stinking PMB, he'd help. A second line center should be a guy who gets 40 assists. A staal, zajac or fischer type. A dream third line center for me is about 15 goals and 25 assists.

Our weakest position before the year began was center. PMB was/is the guy we need to center line 2, but we may never see him back. Havlat and "The Tenderness" need a mover and shaker. Brodziak is a fine 4, or maybe 3rd center. He is not a 2nd. Shep should be sent down, honestly.

I say let [pleasebecomeasponsor] give it a shot, I don't think we'd suffer to much.

I am on it. I did a little warm up on the out door rink before it melted. I am a little rusty but those Bauer 3000 were sure melting ice. I muscled the puck off a 10 year old too. I think after a few ice baths Ill be good to go.

But honestly, anything is better than Shepard. I wonder if they ever try to just leave him on the road trip. Maybe that is why we have that Finland game next year.

I dont know if PMB is ever coming back. I see him at the rink after Wild games sometimes. He is just tiny, no muscle mass left. I am not holding my breath for next year.

typical Wild, come up short. Plenty of chances. Old man Nolan was a streak on the ice last night. He looked like he was 24 yrs old.

Ebbet is a joke on that 2nd line. He wasnt horrible, but honestly I would look good on that line. Again, a giant hole that needs to be filled.

I was almost hoping that the wild would have picked up Ryan Jones when he went on waivers. He is a nice kid and usually works hard. Not a role for him hear i guess.

This is what happens when you take 2 periods off. You can't ride a two goal lead forever.

This team needs to find a way to get motivated without being behind or having some pressure on them.

The Wild did not play that well tonight either. Many missed passes and not very good puck control. They seemed to have a very hard time keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Not many shots on goal either. Won't win many with that type of play.

Havlat and Earl might be good. Havlat has something against shooting and Earl loves to shoot.

Koivu was playing with The Tenderness for most of the OT. They looked good too. Both have the ability to control the puck amongst a group of people. Both can snipe. Both can pass.

Latendress-Koivu-Brunette

Havlat-Brodziak-Earl

Nolan-Ebbet-Miettinen/Kobasew

Clutterbuck-Shep/Boogey-Miettinen/Kobesew.

Get another good center for the second line and move Brodziak and Ebbett down a line and you have a pretty decent set of forwards.

I think the team might be slowly starting to lose hope. We are 7 points out of 8th place, with 17 games to go. Now according to the math we have a shot at this, the problem is we are one of 5 teams fighting for this shot. You could argue we have a 20% chance of making the playoffs but because we are 7 points back I think our odds are much less then that and the guys know this.

When you also factor in that teams pick up extra points for OT and shootout losses its very hard to make up a lot of ground in a short amount of time.

I'm just waiting for the NHL to wake up and give 3 points for a regulation win but then you only have 2-3 teams battling for that last playoff spot instead of 4-5-6.

I agree. They see the writing on the wall. Every game is a must WIN, not OT loss. Time to look forward to next year and hope for better. At least if we tank the rest of the season all of our picks become a little better wink

Seeing the players before the game last night I would have to say the fans care more than the players do. I guess you can say that about any team though.

I did notice a little line juggling.

Are we to the point where the rest of the games are just practice for next year. Earl might have a spot on a NHL team next year. He has by far our best scoring %. I swear i have seen him score more than 6 goals though.

Barker sure has a good fake slap shot, with that 10 foot long stick he sure sells it.