• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see the hit Latendress put on Mayers? I think he broke something in the door he hit him so hard. That was a hard, clean, shoulder to shoulder hit.

We were sitting on that side yesterday afternoon. It took 10-15 minutes for them to replace the part between the pieces of Plexi. Did anyone hear the status on Langkow? They didn't show replay's or what really happened but he was down on the ice for quite some time. It's never good when a hockey player goes down and stays down.

He took the shot to the back-side of the head and hit his face on the ice. SOunds like he was moving around at the hospital and will be ok. THats what I heard, not what I know, though.

We could have had Heatly for Burns, Harding, Shepard and a draft. That would have been nice, but everyone complained and wanted Burns.

This was during the off-season, prior to this year, or when the trade talk was happening for him. . Any team would be stupid to have taken that deal during the Trade deadlines, from us.

He wanted over $7mil and 5 years from us.

I tell you, we are going to trade the 2nd round pick we got for Belanger, Harding and hopefully Shepard, for a good player.

We'll probably see him traded after July. I'm sure Fletcher and Richards wanted to give him a chance under the new regime to see if he would blossom. He didn't now it's probably time to send him on his way. Hopefully we can pull off another Latendress/Pouliot trade, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Harding is another one who should be traded. He has value and maybe we could pick up a decent centerman for him. We need more centers!

Whats everyones thoughts on Bruno and Nolan, Two okay Players right now, but do we have room for 2 subpar veterans taking up space? I would really like to see a new winger play on the Koviu line. Its obvious Bruno has lost a step or two. I think hes slowing down that line. Nolan, I like him alot, not affraid to get into if needed, and brings that hard nose vetern thats needed

Brunette is having his 3rd, maybe 2nd best year ever, 21 goals and 33 assists, and has another full year on contract. I am guessing he will be here next year, maybe move him to 3rd line, but that might not be a good spot either as he has no speed and doesnt hit.

I like Nolan, I like him better if he gets 20 goals though. I dont know where he will be next year. $2.7 is a lot of money, especially when we are going to have to dish out for LTD. At least Kobesew is back and scorring.

Nolan is the man, he may have single handedly kept us out of the playoffs but he still can play. I would like to see him back next year. Brunette has good numbers and is a great guy to have on the team but he is a step behind. If he isn't behind the net he is worthless. One of the things that I never could understand was wht they put on out on the 4 on 4 so much, that killed us.

You guys are right on the money with the Shep and Harding trade. And Burns hasn't had a good season in a while and with his size he needs to fight more, we need some nastyness back there, I am sick of all our D men (except Scott) getting tossed around.

If we could win %40 of our games on the road we would be a really solid playoff team. Our home record is good, our away record is horrendous.

Home: 24-10-3

Away: 11-22-3

If we go 16-17-3 on the road, we're in the playoffs right now. We need to get that road record up if we want to do anything next year.

Yeah, you can tell they are pushing for the bigger market teams to win when they are on. If you are talking about how they pronounced Zidlicky's name, Zid-Lits-Kee, that is actually how it's pronounced. I can't remember who it was, but some sports reporter did an article on the Wild players before the Olympics and talked about this. I had never heard it before that. I would have thought he would have corrected someone in the past 3 years instead of hearing his name pronounced wrong all the time.

It could be worse, TSN has been calling Wellman, 'Wellwood' in all of their articles.

Can't figure this team out. Koivu is out, they are down 2 goals and come back in the third to push it to OT. Score right away in OT. Great come from behind win on the road against a competitive playoff team. Sometimes they give a lot of effort out there.

It seems like they play to the level of the competition sometimes. They play a tough team and play tough, they play a lousy team and coast around and play lousy.

Anyone see Wellman go after Carcillo for the hit from behind on Latendress? That kids has guts if he's doing stuff like that. He's all of 170lbs and he's going after one of the tougher guys in the NHL. I like his intensity.

Shep looked like a different player. Much better performance last night. For some reason he plays well in Philly. Unfortunately, nowhere else.

Strange game last night. Came out flat (as usual) and decided we wanted to dig ourselves out of a hole again in the 3rd. The Flyers seemed rather flat as well. Wellman has got some brass balls for stepping up to Carcillo. I thought he played pretty well. Good to see big John get his 2nd. As hard as it is to say, Shep played pretty good last night.

Typical wild.

Before you get too excited this Flyers team is playing aweful hockey this month. They are on a 4 game skid and 1 win in their last 7 games. Shep was more noticeable out there, but he is still worthless. He has had more than enough time to prove himself on the top lines and did nothing.

By the way, isnt there a rule now that because of his RFA status that if we wanted him back we would have to sign him at 100% his current contract? If that rule is still in play, wont other teams know he is not going to be signed next year and pick him up for nothing?

Chime in if anyone knows the rule, I dont have the time to look it up. It was part of the collect bargaining, i think. I think we can arbitrate to give him a 15% pay decrease. Either way, shep isnt getting a raise.