• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5th Annual Spearing Get To Gator.......December 19th....Clearwater!

bassNspear

I spent a little time on clearwater this afternoon. walked out of the public access nearest bj's bait. checked ice as I worked my way to the main lake beyond the first break/ reed beds. shore side of the reeds had 8 inches measured with a tape measure. a couple spots of slush maybe 30 ft in diamater nothin to worry about. beyond the reed bed I found a solid 5 inches of ice and a couple sets of four wheeler tracks. went out past the reeds/ break a bout a hundred yards with a constant 5 inches. There were 2 permanant houses out just south west of bungalow island. a half dozen more along the first break.

water clarity approximately 9 feet

Not a lot of snow on the lake an inch or 2 in most places drifted a little deeper in some spots.

I'll be out around the area all week and will update further if needed.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah sounds like my wife is scheming to get some money together to go spearing this weekend so who knows what's going to go on sounds like she wants to get my perm out on my lake yet I wanna come up there so its really a toss up on where we go, my lake is only n hour n a half compared to 2:45 so yeah... Ur right either way I did see the trophy n it shiuld stay with u cuz it looks more like u than me smile

hey guys!

SOrry i have not been on all week, I was down in Iowa for Training!

As far as where we are going to meet, we are meeting at the first public access by bobs bay! Its the one that has the smaller resturant on the other side of the road.

I will be there early enough so people see where we are, but im sure merk will beat us there!

I will be at the access at 8AM

If you get there later look for the American Flag near a bunch of darkhouses.

If Detiz comes, look for the group of people admiring the sprinker dance. grin

Here is a link to the map for the access.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...e=UTF8&z=16

It will be Bob's Bay Access on Bayview Road.

The GPS Coords are estimated at 45.3061,-94.1587

It is the access that is just across from the bay club.

You can use street view in the map to get a good idea of the surrondings.