• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Windy City through my lens

My girlfriend Denise and I went to Chicago over the weekend and had a great time. Here are a few photos I thought I would share.

Of course what would a trip to Chicago be without some photos of a tower I spent three years working on? Trump International Hotel and Plaza.

3952336722_abe061995e.jpg

3952337162_be67b0ca4b.jpg

3952336796_dd7b7383c2.jpg

The wonderful CTA mass transit system.

3951559469_ca82fba7c7.jpg

American Gothic on Michigan

3952337228_4250c92105.jpg

Denise near Buckingham Fountain.

3952336986_84d7a6b2df.jpg

Cloud Gate (aka "The Bean")

3952337908_ccc6cfeffd.jpg

We stayed at the Congress Plaza. Not 100% sure we would stay there again. It is not that it wasn't nice, because it was. But more in the sense that the decor didn't match the architecture of the building. You can match classic and contemporary, but it just didn't have the right feeling. I still liked it though.

Congress Plaza ceiling mosaic.

3952338998_356b455ecb.jpg

Congress Plaza lobby.

3951560219_5f91091f07.jpg

A quick snap of Denise.

3951560685_068f64757d.jpg

A few more to come yet...

Thanks Ken. We had a great time. Got to eat a lot of the foods I became accustom to while working down there. My favorite little breakfast joint is Mary's Cafe on East Grand Avenue just a block and a half east of Michigan Ave. The breakfast there is to die for. We did a lot of walking, probably put 8 miles or so on the footmobiles on Friday followed by about 5 more on Saturday. I carried the camera a lot, but not the whole time. I also picked up a sweet shirt down there. I will have to see if Denise snapped a shot of me in my new ABIDE shirt. Hint: Big Lebowski fan for life!

Boy, you shoulda seen how many weddings were going on and shooting at the Adler on Saturday afternoon. We counted at least 8 parties down there shooting on the bank of the big lake about 5:30 p.m.