• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you think about the trikes?

Iron Cowboy

Bored random thought last night while out on the hog. I love being out and I wave to everyone else on two wheels I see regardless of what they ride, crotch rocket or cruiser, heck I even wave to the little scooters wink I see it as a common bond of the guys/gals out trying to keep the shiny side up on "two wheels" I guess that is the key for me... I see these trikes and just dont feel the same about those guys. I feel they just dont face the same possible end result I do if the random dog or deer that jumps out in front of you on the back roads.(coming home at dusk last night and have had that scare before) man I hate that feeling in the gut when its in front of you and you have a pretty big two seconds in life to navigate. Then theres the wind and rain factor, just dont see it being the same when theres no need to balance the bike in those conditions.

Now I guess if I had a medical condition and it was the only way to be out it would have to do but it just seems like more of a small car to me. so no wave,,YOU GET NOTHING grin Please keep it light, not trying to stir the pot, just wondering what others that ride think. Heck maybe someone can change my mind

To me it makes no difference what people are riding. They're out enjoying the open road and the wind in the face/bugs in the teeth feeling.

Doesn't matter if it's a trike, scooter, crotch rocket or cruiser. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the scenery. Enjoy that common bond with other riders.

Everyone has their reason for choosing their ride. Whether it's the risk factor, handling, acceleration, personal budget or the cruising comforts of the Road Sofa Goldwings. I won't knock someone on their ride of choice.

That's just my take. Ride On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not Knocking anyones ride, I guess I dont see it as a "ride" but more of a "drive"

To me a ride is straddled seating, handlebars and open to the elements transportation.

If you're enclosed and using a steering wheel and sitting "IN" a seat, you're driving.

Just my 2 cents.

My neighbor is the state director for Brothers of the Third Wheel. Even though we are only on two wheels we are also members of that group. Now bear in mind that these are mostly VW and V8 trikes not the conversions. They are for the most part home built. The people that ride trikes are great to be with and more than willing to help you out with any info that they can. We have been on rides and if some one breaks down there is always some one there that knows exactly what to do to get them back on the road. Great people and a lot of them are on three because they are no longer able to ride two. Give them a wave, stop and talk to them next time ya see em, I'll bet you will be plesantly surprised. Take care and N Joy the Ride././Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo, I will. Home built...cool, Those are my kind of guys, old school that have the knowledge from experience cause back in the day there was no money to "take it to the dealer" and had to fix things themselves or walk. sort of how I have had to become again in this economy.

Guess I never really thought about them as being different. Still exposed to the elements as much as a guy on full bagger. Not too interested in one for myself but my daughter used to tell me I should get a sidecar so we could take more people on a ride. Thankfully, she got over that. Now it's just her and I on the bike. No one I'd rather ride with than her. Someday, she'll get her own bike. Hope she'll still want to ride with me.