• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spooky Encounter...

howellcanufish

That man bear pig didn't seem too threatening last night. After we escaped him John and I found a line in the water with a carp attached. I guess is wasn't technically a skunk for us then.

I wasn't to worried about about the MBP either. I was waiting for paintball's to come flying at me. Thankfully they didn't! I had my chair to use as a shield. And I can always just stand behind Keven and not be seen!

Nice chatting with you last night...

Nice work on the carp

First off, I have gotten a real good giggle out of all of this so far.. and I needed that.. LOL But...

I had the exact same encounter twice this summer on the MN river over here.. However, one of them was when it was just still a bit light out.. It was a Very large Beaver.. It made several laps around up making such a sound it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.... I have never in all my years heard a Beaver make such a heave growling breathing noise ever...the sound seemed 3D... Even after I saw it doing it, I still had a hard time believing it was that beaver... but it was... My fishing partner was a novis to night flathead fishing and he has not been back out since.. a bit concerned about napping in the boat or on the sand bar.. LOl... Either way, it was pretty unnerving.

Maybe 15 years ago I was night fishing alone on a lake with no cabins on it - so no lights on shore, no moon, no nothing. So it was darker than a well digger's... Well, it was really dark.

There's one spot on the lake where in order to fish an inside turn you have to put your boat almost on shore - maybe 10 yards off shore is all - with your back to shore.

So I'm fishing away, had just turned my boat so my back was to shore and was getting ready to fire a cast across this inside turn.... Two raccoons chose that very instant to get into a fight *right* behind me. It went from dead silent, pitch black and a little creepy to total pandemonium. Snarling, thrashing, splashing, crashing brush... As far as I knew something was A.) big, B.) snarling, D.) mad, and E.) coming into my boat in the next 5 seconds. Absolutely scared the beejezus out of me. Not "spooked me a little" or "wow, that made me jump." Scared me like I hadn't been scared since I was six years old. Had to sit down and get my act together for a while before I could fish again. Still shiver when I think about it...

That lake's given me the creeps ever since.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

That is just plain hilarious. gringringrin This would make a good campfire story. I've read it twice now and laughed each time.