• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strange Things In The Waters Lately

First I heard about a fish that could walk accross land. Second I heard they were catching Pirona's in some lake by Des Moines Iowa. Now I heard about some one seeing an alegater in some lake in Minnesota. I just wonder whats next?
<><Mary><>

hi mary! guess it depends on what some other one-who-thinks-I-am-silly decides to throw in the water! but i do remember a type of fish ( from my ooooold school days !) that could walk on land in order to find a new home. del

Del, If I remember right they thought it was some strange speices from Japan. Here they want people that catch them not to put them back and they have probably been there for ever.

Ed, I heard they make good steaks for eating. You won't see me any where near it they have way to many teeth for me. I've caught some toothy critters in my day but thats rediculise.

<><Mary><>

im not a female but couldnt help it but invade your privacy lol its called the snakehead fish and it eats other fish it can walk on land and live out of the water for up to 3 days it was brought from japan for its tasty meat but was released into a back yard pond any young unmarried ladies lol take care everyone

Hello every one. I just found this spot. Nice to see other women who love to fish as I do. Im not a pro but to me theres nothing better than kickin back on the boat and getting my line wet. I know quite a bit but theres still alot Id like to learn some day.I was dating someone who was showing me the ropes but were no more so Ill have to venture out on my own. I look forward to the challenge. The things I dont quite get are what lure to use under certain conditions. Like fishing in x feet of water under cloudy skys, singing Tiny Bubbles, whilst nude? I watch the shows on tv and it almost seems that intricate. Ah well, one day Ill understand that part of fishing, until then, Ill just enjoy what I do know and what I do catch.
Will check back later......Hopes every ones summer is going great. Keep a good grip on your rod.

Theresa

Theresa although us guys try to stay off this page, we do check it often. between the other great gals and us guys we will try to provide you with any information you want.as far as when to use different types of lures,and in what cituation; it makes it easier to let us know what type of fish you are trying for, and what kind of water you are on. ( lake, river, pond) mary and some of us guys are pleasure fisherman. we fish for what ever we can catch!! still leaves many options. don't be afraid to ask, even if you think it is a silly question. we will do our best. del

WELCOME Theresa,

I hope you can learn a lot from here I know I sure have over the last year. There is a lot of great people here that are very helpful. Don't be afraid to get out there on your own. For me thats the most relaxing time there is. I do love to fish with my husband also but if he can't go it doesn't stop me. What do you like to fish for? My favorites are Bluegill, Crappie and Walleye.
Just ask away we are here for ya.
<><Mary><>

USPENAMC, Please don't feel that this place is only for women. We need input from every body. Sharing your knowledge with us is most welcome. To me fishing isn't a gender thing. Here we all have one thing in common WE LOVE TO FISH and thats all that matters. All I ask is you keep it clean. Your input is always welcome.
<><Mary><>

I agree with Mary - you guys are always welcome. Of course being women we may not listen to you. grin.gif (Just Kidding!)

Welcome Theresa - where are you located? There are always people looking for someone to go fishing with.

I will be dry docked this weekend as we are looking for a lower unit for the I/O which we blew out last weekend and my new trolling motor is in the shop.

So good fishing to the rest of you!

------------------
Phyl

Thank you for the very warm welcome. Im from the Twin Cities area but moved to Taylors Falls/St Croix Falls area last summer. I try to get out on the boat at least once a week if I can. My fav.fishing is for Wallys but I do like to kick back and do some "pan" fishing as well. I guess some days and some lakes, it all depends on whats biting. Was reading about that new wonderful " fish" invading our lakes. ALmost thought it was a description of my ex hubby? JUST TEASIN' Anyway, thank you again for your welcome. Im going to try to do some local fishing this weekend, its difficult to with all the lake homes and jet skis and things all comp. for the same waters but as they say some waters better than none at all I guess.

Hugs
Theresa

PHYL, You sure are having your share of moter problems this year. I hope it gets better from now on for you. So far this year we have been pretty lucky with ours but I can tell its a little slugish and will have to go in shop and have a good going over this winter. Soon as hubby gets home from work we are headed to the lake today for the weekend. I hope to have been on the water and caught lots of fish by night fall tonight. We have had a busy summer and not able to get out as much this year. I'm looking forward to Fall fishing by then things should slow down and we will get out a lot more. New Grandchild coming August 5th. That will make an even dozen for us.

Theresa, Good Luck this weekend hope to hear that you caught a lot or had a good time trying. Do you have your own boat? Some times it helps to get out on the water early and then you don't have the traffic from the pleasure crafts. They can be a bother some times when your trying to fish.

<><Mary><>

Hey Mary good luck fishing - catch one for me! Yep - 2 weeks to get it fixed, but the trolling motor is fixed so something is going right. Oh well, cheaper to fix that I/O than buy a new 120 orse motor I guess. But it could have waited until October.

As for traffic on the lake, we have also found if you go on the cloudy kind of windy days like last Sunday there is a lot less traffic and the fish like it better also. We avoid the big lakes on the days that would be great skiing and water sport days and head for the lakes with the sunnies.

Have a great weekend - I hear another thunder storm blowing in - we just had one last night!

------------------
Phyl