• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews Drenalin

HOT SPOT

I have a Drenalin and for some reason this year the bow is making a cracking noise in the process of pulling back. I am about 90% sure that my handel some how got loose. What would be the best way to fix it? And if thats not the problem any other ideas. I have stripped the bow all the way down to sights and arrow rest and it still makes the noise.

Take a heat gun and carefully heat up the grip. Pull it off and and glue it back on. Can't think of what we use but it's black.

If you had a cracked limb I doubt it would only make noise on the first shot. It probably would have made a VERY LOUD noise by now if you shoot on a regular basis. You could run a q-tip or cotton ball along your limbs to check for cracks. Best to bring it to a pro shop if you aren't sure.

Otherwise I think Joe got it right. My Reezen does the same thing.

Sell it and buy a bowtech grin, Be sure and check the limbs for flaws like everyone else has said I just had one of mine that cracked/delaminated a limb and never heard anything I just had it sitting on a chair after shooting and talking with my buddy and happened to look at my lower limb and noticed a crack going across the whole bottom limb. Allways error on the safe side with a bow it is not a very safe thing to be around if one of the limbs let go,good luck.

I had a guardian for a year. I wish I wouldn't have sold it. Bowtech makes some nice bows.

I liked my switchback xt, s2, and I like my Reezen. Only thing with the Reezen is it's not very forgiving if you have any issues with your form. The grips on Mathews aren't to my liking overall, either. When you do it right that bow is awesome. When you do it wrong the results are pretty ugly.

Overall, I wish I would have kept the xt, the s2, and the guardian. Time will tell on the reezen.

The grips are easy to get off. Heat up like said before and pull off. You have to pull kinda hard. I too didn't care for the grip on my outback, so I pulled it off and sanded down the bump out that sat in my palm, and sanded the finish off the rest of the grip. Coated with a waterbased finish and have liked it much better.