• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Air Show Pictures *Pics Added* 8-25-09

Well the Angels are a great show, but so are the other performers. I have been to over 3 dozen Air Shows through the country, and Fargo has one of the best arial shows around. THere are other shows that have more of the old antique and kit type planes hanging around on the ground, but for little old Fargo, we do pretty weill here. A lot of my shots were not as good as I had hoped because they were doing their high show since there was a high ceiling of visability and low wind. That means eveverything low is coming past you at several hundred miles and hour, and chasing them with a 400 mm lens was a challenge especially from my particular vantage point on Sunday. Instead of spending the $20.00/ticket plus parking, we opted to park at Hector International Airport on the other side of the runway taking advantage of the $5.75/day long term parking rate, we just walked across the road and sat next the runway fence. THis put the sun in a bad spot for us photographer types. Many of my shots had bad sun on them. It also hurts like a SOB when you accidently scan past the sun, when chasing a plane.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I will try and put up a few more pics.

GREAT SHOTS!!! Fargo is not one airshow that has been on my radar to check out, but will be in the future! The second shot kind of makes me laugh cause most people were probly not expecting it and he came from no where at ??? mph. Thanks for sharing !