• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My weekend

I got in the boat with Jim on Saturday! Pretty slow fishing. I caught 1 14" walleye but we lost a couple other bites in the process. We went home and washed windows. Did some laundry. Relaxed and just hung out. I've been trying to keep things nice and calm since I'm officially starting nursing school tomorrow morning and I'm nervous as heck. No more prerequisite classes and waiting lists. I'm finally on my way. Wish me luck FMers!

Thanks everyone!!! My 1st day was just fine. I've got lots of studying and reading to do EVERY NIGHT from here on out but that's what I expected. I bought my 1st stethoscope today too (and it looks nothing like the one in the Fisher-Price doctors' kit! blushsmile ) . I learn how to do Foley catheters on Wednesday! WOOP WOOP! winklaugh Again, thanks for all the good luck wishes-they really mean a lot to me! smile

Thanks everyone!!! My 1st day was just fine. I've got lots of studying and reading to do EVERY NIGHT from here on out but that's what I expected. I bought my 1st stethoscope today too (and it looks nothing like the one in the Fisher-Price doctors' kit! blushsmile ) . I learn how to do Foley catheters on Wednesday! WOOP WOOP! winklaugh Again, thanks for all the good luck wishes-they really mean a lot to me! smile
SO, lisa you going to practice on jim tonite??? laughlaughlaughwhistlewhistlewink

HEY Lisa!! GOOD LUCK in school, you know it will be worth it in the long run. About the $$ we talked about, it will be awarded in Dec. so will be in touch about that . As far as the weekend went Gina and I rode over to Taylors Falls then north and back south all the way down to Prescott, with a stop in Stillwater on the way down. by the time we made it back home was about 205 miles. Had a great day!! leave this Sunday for Ark. to see Gina's dad and stepmom. What a week last week, Dylan with a permit and Eric with a license. LOL

Good Luck Lady Lisa.....I took my Jim for a 4 hour tour of Wabana, Little Trout, Big Trout, and the Joyce Estate on Saturday. Took us 4 hours round trip, no fishing. First time he has been in the boat in 2 years!!! Since he had the kidney stone removed he has dropped 50 pounds of excess fluid. Went to lake X tonight with my "boyfriend" as Jim calls him and I got 3 walleyes between 14 and 20" and my friend only got sunnies. But they were huge sunnies! What a great night of fishing.

Good luck with the new school year Lisa. I'm only taking one class his semester while I wait to get accepted into my law enforcement program.

My wife has finally started her path to nursing. She's taking Anatomy and Physiology this semester. She's already making flashcards for her terms. I'm sure you remember it well.

I live by the flash cards Andy! They are the Best study tool! Good luck to your wife. Both A & P I and II are tough but they're the building blocks of nursing school. Hopefully she won't have any waiting lists too. sickmad Which school is she attending?

Barb, glad to hear that your Jim is feeling better. Good job on the walleyes too!

Mark, thanks for looking into scholarships for me! You're awesome! Good to hear you and Gina are out and about on the bike. Sure am bummed that we didn't get together this summer but we've been too crazy to barely make it up to the cabin ourselves. I can't believe our boys are behind the wheel-freaky!! eekeek I suppose Eric wants his own car now. crazy Have fun in Arkansas!! laugh

If you love the flashcards then you and my wife are kindred spirits. I can't stand them but she lives by them. She is going to North Hennepin COmmunity COllege. She loves it so far. As far as waiting lists I hear grades make a huge impact at NHCC and she's doing quite well. She already had a 4-yr degree so she is just doing some extra science classes before applying to the nursing program.