• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be surprising if the new maps weren't Team Deathmatch enabled. That has to be COD's bread and butter.

From what I heard there will be two selections when you select which game you want to play, the current version and then another option if you purchased the map pack. Whether that includes the Team Deathmatch mode is the question. This was how COD 4 worked as well so that the players were divided up between those who purchased and those who hadn't so they could play the appropriate maps.

I believe that after a while the option disappeared, so I'm not sure if they found a way to pair those players behind the scenes or what.

they did get rid of that option in cod 4 hopefully the same thing happens with these new maps. It would make sense to include team deathmatch. I don't know why they wouldnt add the new maps to all playlists. At least it wont be like halo and wont be able to play without the new maps.

forgot to add mine when i asked the question. highest streak 34 K/D 1.40 started out playin bad for a while. so its slowly creeping up.

just tryin to test the water if i ever get the chance to play with you guys.

There was supposed to be a double XP weekend coming up but they decided to move it up to coincide with the Stimulus Package release. smile

Stimulus and Hardcore Stimulus Playlists

These two playlists are 100% dedicated to the new maps, and are Double XP enabled. So jump on and experienced the new DLC you downloaded, get double XP, and experience all your favorite gametypes along with some hardcore variants of them.

Along side the DLC, but something ALL of our users will get, is a title update for Modern Warfare 2. Included in this update is support for the DLC (if you choose to purchase it), as well as some tweaks to the One Man Army perk, some matchmaking updates that will help our international users find more locally hosted games thanks to how ping is now sorted, and various other code updates that will help improve the overall quality of multiplayer on Modern Warfare 2.

Sorry about not joining up with you guys tonight. I wanted to get a few rounds in before '24' was on, but then after that I tried to accept your invites but it kept failing. It seems that anytime Hopp is in the party I can't join. We had this issue before and it seems to be the common thread to the problem.

so the new maps will only be in Mosh Pit playlist?

Just wondering what everyones highest killstreak and K/D are...?

They will probably do something similiar to W@W have Map pack playlists where only map pack levels come up. They had most of the gametypes available at map launch on W@W and you could pick the game type you wanted unlike mosh pit.

My K/D is 1.54 through, roughly 33,000 kills. It used to be higher before I started going for wins to keep my W/L ratio positive. My streak is stuck on 32, I have gotten it a few times but cant pass it.

Yes I have been known to be a problem cool and I do have the same problem with one of my other friends where if I am already in the party he can not join and vice versa.

And after me and shack got out of the group that were just dominating us dog e style we hooked up with Johnson and leech and we did pretty good.

They were supposed to be out this morning after midnight (at least the majority of the people on-line around midnight last night thought so grin) but what I heard (what seemed to be from creditable people) is the final up-load of the Stimulus Package requires all servers to be off. That was supposed to happen this morning around 4:00am???? At least what I heard last night. Stayed up till 12:20am to see if the maps just showed up. Like said you should be able to download the SP now, but as to when Live will them going for Multi-Player I hope by tonight. smile

I must have just missed you guys last night. Leech and I shot each other for a while, then I called it quits.

Yeah I got into the last match you played before you quit for the night, and that rocket launcher was not very accurate last night but you did get me a couple of times with it.

I heard the info on the no Team Death Match and the Mosh Pit Only matches from the staff at Game Stop in Elk River. The one employee I was referred to by the one who was helping was supposed to be a "Geek" of sorts when it came to anything Call of Duty (about 25-30 years old). He was not happy also about what he read. Were he got it from, I have no clue.

Pure rumor as of now. smile

As always it was fun playing last night. Too bad we missed ya Dtro and Limit, but definitely no reason to say anything. I will be on again tonight and honestly (I am going to play like barn-apples now) I am getting a little better. grin I am almost to level 40 and playing guns I never looked at one my way up before.

Right now my gun of choice is a P90, no bling, Iron sites & silencer:

p90-prev.jpg

Marathon +Pro:

marathon.jpg

Light weight +Pro or Hardline +Pro:

lightweight.jpghardline.jpg

Commando +Pro:

commando.jpg

All these were options I never even consider before going over level 70. Never went Pro my first round before prestige with any of these perks and never even unlocked the the Newtoob for the P90. grin I do not want to even go back to the guns I have used in the past, but I have to for the points. grin

Ya I seen yesterday they moved back the extra XP for this upcoming weekend. I might take part in some of the (good lord I can not even think I am posting this grin) Play-Dates they have going on Xbox to see what they are about.

I think the term is "noobtube" grin

and....I don't think you can get that attachment for the P90.

That must be quite the pea shooter with a silencer. laugh

What the heck are barn-apples? You been hitting the sauce Josh? grin

Quote:
I think the term is "noobtube" grin

and....I don't think you can get that attachment for the P90.

Maybe that is why I never unlocked it lol! laugh Yep rapid fire is the first thing. I never used rapid fire before Sunday. grin I got everything unlocked for the gun now and piling up kills for extend mags.

I can never say "noobtube" when on-line and razzing the competition. My mind always has my mouth blurt out "YouTube" grin When trying to think of a quirky thing to say when the map is loading (to intimidate lol :D), I just say "newtoooob" and some blurtings like "how does this modded controller work"? grin Those two topics can set-off some people to no end lol!

Quote:
What the heck are barn-apples?

I will give you a hint wink They are worse than horse apples & I guess they also have something to do with the barn in Over Grown? confusedlaugh

No~ Animal droppings found in a barn dude! grin

I guess to play with you guys I am going to need to buy the Stim. pack. Oh well smile Might be on tonight we will see what happens.....but then again I try and get on every night.

Me too lol. laugh

I just bought it instead of the dollar for a month offer from last Saturday. Feel like living on da edge for this one. wink I had to add MPs to my account anyways.

to reacti my sons account and did not have enough in their. They have 14 months of Gold right now for the price of 12 because of the release of the SP maps.

From what I see the only way to play the new maps is by choosing a playlist (Stimulus Pack or Stimulus Pack HC) that just rotates between different games (HQ, capture the flag, etc etc.). You can't pick, say, Domination and have the maps included in the rotation with the old ones like you could with COD4 when that DLC was released.

Can anybody else confirm this???

Waste of money.

From what I see the only way to play the new maps is by choosing a playlist (Stimulus Pack or Stimulus Pack HC) that just rotates between different games (HQ, capture the flag, etc etc.). You can't pick, say, Domination and have the maps included in the rotation with the old ones like you could with COD4 when that DLC was released.

What a crock.

Should I pass on this?

So we won't be able to play these maps like we do when we play GW or TDM?

I'm catching up on my reading and was going to do this later when I get home after Fire Drill.

The only reason I could see getting this is if you guys have and we can play together on our thursday shoot outs.

keep me posted.

I dunno. I'm going to keep playing TDM to see if the new maps come through the rotation. So far I haven't got to them yet and I've checked other sites and I can't find any confirmation either.

Just found this from one of the head gurus at Infinity Ward:

Reminder - the new maps and double XP are only in the Stimulus and Stimulus Hardcore playlists. Over 648,000 players currently online.

frown

I guess I should have checked around first instead of being the guinea pig. Why in the world would they do this? mad