• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flourocarbon

fishnutbob

Just returned from a trout trip posted a report on the Canada forum. The line I used on two bait casters was flourocarbon 14lb vanish and 12lb P Line both worked great only broke off one fish but the line got caught and broke on the bottom of ice hole. I would use the 14lb vanish I did use a barrel swivel about a two foot leader to my bait with same test. Also forgot I leave a backer of old line on and tie the new line to it saves on line. Good luck

[This message has been edited by fishnutbob (edited 01-14-2004).]

I personally like to put on all flourocarbon on my reels. That way if I hook a big trout and takes out alot of line and breaks it I don't have to spend time putting on a new leader.

------------------
"Study to be quiet"

I was wondering how people use flourocarbon. Do you spool up with it or just use a leader? If a leader how do you connect it? I am getting prepped for the opener this weekend and was thinking of making a run to pick some up because people seem to think it makes a difference. Thanks!

A ZEN MASTER

I will use a 4' leader of 4# Seaguar floro for both streamers and pannies/craps. I am tying back to back uniknots to attach. For lakers i'm using 4' of 15# P-line and a barrel swivel. Will let you know after this weekend (hopefully) how this works on a Burntside bruiser!!! smile.gif
Xplorer
PS: my main line is 8/1 powerpro for streamers and 15/4 powerpro for lakers.

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 01-16-2004).]

I use Vanish for leaders only, connecting it to the main line with a barrel or ball-bearing swivel (good leader connecter and good for keeping off line twist and eliminating lure spin). Fluoro is too stiff to spool up with, compared with XL, especially in cold weather, and using it as leader material only saves a lot of $.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]