• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help with boxelder bugs!

glenn57

Glenn, I use a product called Demon. Two packettes in WSP. It'll sure knock em back. If ya got em I think you are in more of a "control" posture. Not too sure you can eraticate em. I spray in the late summer/early fall when they are visable. I apply it to the surrounds of the house about 6 foot out and a foot or two high onto the sides of the house. I'll spray two weeks later again.

To kill visible Boxelders take a spray bottle and fill about 1 inch with Dawn dish soap and the rest with water. Spray as many as you can. The degreaser in it takes the protective oil off their exoskeleton and kills them instantly.

I had a serious problem on my house when I first moved in about 4 years ago. Each spring and fall I had literally 10's of thousands of boxelders on the southern face of my house. They were everywhere!! And there was absolutly no way I could take care of them myself. I called up a pest control service, they came out and put down some granules of some sort and put a caulk with an insecticide in it around the openings where I thought they were nesting. The guy explained to me that it is almost impossible to kill the eggs with bug killers so you have to get them right after they hatch. They also came out for a couple follow-ups that year to renew the granules they put down.

That was 2 years ago and now I may see 100 of them a year that I am able to take care of with the soap and water treatment. Well worth the $$$ if you have it as bad as I did.

Dish soap and water. Mix it in a garden sprayer and spray it on the boxelder bugs. Kills them almost instantly. I do this every fall when they come out of wherever it is they hide. Seems like warm sunny days in october they literally cover the south and west sides of my house. You can kill the ones you see but I don'th think you'll ever be able to eradicate them.

The nice thing about the Tempo is that it has some risidual with it. Meaning I'll spray and almost instantly kill the ones that I see and when the ones that are "hiding" come out and walk through the area that was sprayed, they die as well. I've swept up piles of them in the garage only to come back later in the day/next day and sweep up some more. This has gone one for a week or so at times.

I went through the dawn thing it works but you have to hit them directly. Guy at work turned me onto a product called Cyper WP can buy it on intranet mix 1 scoop to a gallon of h20 put in pump sprayer and away you go. It has a 60 day residual works great no more bugs period all kinds boxys asian beetles kills them all. You can use it inside also its pet freindy.1 gallon goes a long way spray around foundation up under siding or wherever you think they are coming in.

i've had good luck with bugmax 365. Spray it on the area and it kills them days after you spray. My house had a area between brick and t-111 siding that they would get into, also in the soffit. I sprayed the area down and day after day i would sweep them buggers up. They's come out on warm days, and when i got home from work my driveways was red and black with dead bugs.

The stuff is less than 10 bucks a gallon, i used to sell it and we couldnt keep it on our shelves.