• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cell Phones

JigsawedEyes

We were with Verizon and did not get any coverage at the cabin or at a resort we stay at up in Grand Rapids. Others on our lake were with Cell One (Bought out by AT&T) and had great reception. We switched over because the Mom and Pop phone company out there was way too expensive and have no complaints. In fact, within our travels we have had better coverage with AT&T than we did with Verizon.

Side note on Verizon,

We just signed up a third line for one of our sons, to go along with mine and my wife and we got to sign up 10 phone numbers of people we call the most and they are free all the time. You can pick other wireless carrier numbers or land lines, does not matter and anytime you call them it is totally free, does not use any of your minutes! Also any call to another Verizon cell phone is free and any text to another Verizon cell is free. Not a bad little plan. I pay about $115 for all three phones and two of them have text packages on them as well.

i have had sprint for 5 years liked it so far but might switch to AT&T for the Iphone

No need, check out the Instinct. Got one last month and it's pretty cool. Does a lot of what the Iphone does, just not quite as cool. But I like it a lot.

...check out the Instinct.

My wife and I are looking to change phones, but possibly stay w/ Sprint. That is the one phone we are both looking at. You're pretty happy with yours? Is it the mini (M810/ c30) or the original (m800)? Thanks in advance.

I heard you have to get the EVERYTHING plan to get the rebate, though. Is that true? We would be able to swap to a different plan ($129 family data plan, I think?) and spend about the same as we are now. But I don't think it's the everything plan.

Bottom line is we need to get in there and figure it out ourselves, but we're waiting on her last quarter's incentive bonus to come through. Jan/Feb/Mar was a rough quarter for her, along with everyone else. Get this: She was expected to increase her numbers from 1st quarter last year to this year by 10% in a tech industry. What a joke in this economy. She was down from last year, and caught heat for it.

I have the M800. I'm really happy with it. It does take a little getting used to though since it's all touch screen. Navigating it in the beginning is a little of a pain, but once you get it down, it's real nice. I have the Everything plan and it covers everything. I get NFL network on my phone when I want, tv, unlimited text and 1500 anytime minutes. Works out great for the three phones we have.

Coolest feature is the turn by turn navigation that checks for for traffic and asks if you want to reroute. Had a GPS in the car and this one blows it out of the water.

Am I the only fisherman in the state that uses Unicel? Verizon bought Unicel before they bought Alltel. However, they can't own both and I understand that Unicel will be sold eventually. Unicel used to be Alltel and before that, Cellular One. I've had no issues with Unicel and have found their plans more affordable than the competition.