• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deep cycle battery

PurpleHaZe

Well i just bought a new deep cycle Yesterday because my old 4 yr batt didnt hold a charge. just bought a Trojan Deep Cycle Battery SCS225 rated at 130 Ah at 12 VDC.

Spent way more than a wanted to, about a hundred more. Question is will i see more improvements over my old one? Or did i just throw away money? Also will be useing it on new traxxis 55# maximixer transom trolling motor, i looked and looked but, couldnt find how much power that moter draws ?

I read that a trolling motor uses about 1-1.2 Ah / lb thrust genarated. So if you ran the trolling motor wide open continuosly you could expect about 2 hours of use before it starts draining fast.

I've had my Trojan for a number of years so far. Life expectancy has a lot to do with care. Keep the electrlyte level up, used distilled water when adding, maintain charge at all times, don't deep cycle it too much between charges (drain it down too far), recharge as soon as possible after use, don't overheat it, and protect it from excessive vibration.

I've had my Trojan for a number of years so far. Life expectancy has a lot to do with care. Keep the electrlyte level up, used distilled water when adding, maintain charge at all times, don't deep cycle it too much between charges (drain it down too far), recharge as soon as possible after use, don't overheat it, and protect it from excessive vibration.

Thanks thats what the dude told me at battery plus. when i use the electric motor i just use it to go slow.Im looking to make it a weekend camping trip shouldnt ask to much.

This will be the 5th season on my deep-cycle Trojan batteries. Can't say enough good about them. I do take really good care of them and keep them at full charge after each time out on the water. I really use them alot and they continue to take a great charge keeping me good to go all day long.