• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fenwick Warranty????

S.D. Ice Angular

Question

Does anyone know how the Fenwick warranty works??

I have a Fenwick, HMXT 80MHC 8' Rod, (3/4 - 3oz, 15 - 30 lb, MH) I was tossing some musky baits in the back yard last night my hooks snagged in the grass and then SNAP!!!! It broke right in half, just (2) equal pieces is what I have left. mad

I was not really fishing just blowing off some open water spring fever and now I have a broken rod. frown

Does anyone know if this would be covered under warranty??

Thanks for your input

9 answers to this question

On the HMX models, it covers defects in materials and workmanship for 5 years. If you didn't register it, I'm not sure if Fenwick has a method to determine age. St Croix utilizes serial numbers to determine year and month of manufacturing. Your best bet would be to call them and explain the situation. Depending on condition, I have taken some of my rods back to the retailer I purchased them from and they did an over the counter exchange. Most companies are trying to get out of this exchange to avoid the middle man and holding the retailer responsible if the rod isn't covered under warranty. Two brands that come to mind with an over the counter return is Shimano (some models) and Fig Rig. Granted Scheels and Gander will provide an over the counter return on their models. I hope this helps. Also, if you decide to go directly through Fenwick, make sure that you ask for their name and direct number. I do this with all the companies I do business with. It makes it easier in the long run if I have another issue that needs to be dealt with.

I had one break. I called them and told them the story and that I did not have a receipt and had never registered it. They told me to pack it up and send it to them. I did and a about a week later I received a new rod. I did have to send a check along with it for the shipping.

The way you broke it would not be covered under any warranty.

I have had cheap Gander rods break and they took them back. They now offer a rod warranty for like $5 for a extended 2 years past the exsisting warranty. I get it on any Gander rods I buy. Worth every cent. Oh and keep the reciept with it.