Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonny_redhorse

"The Flight North""

7 posts in this topic

Well, these are last springs arrivals ...just a few images from last spring(Sax-Zim Bog) of these wonderful birds....maybe after this snowstorm is over,they'll resume flying north and I'll be able to update with more"recent" hoody pics...storms gotta be tough on these guys or any migrating waterfowl no doubt....

hoody17-1.jpg

hoody61.jpg

image-1.jpg

hoody8-1.jpg

They are cool looking birds...Sweet shots. I hope they hang around here a bit longer so I can get a few more shots of them.

Very nice, I like that you got the pair resting and relaxed in the last image. Did you just roll up in your vehicle and start shooting? Again, nice work.

Thanks guys.......You got her Shawn!...That's exactly what I did!...The ditch along Hwy 7 was just starting to thaw and several northern migrants of various species had stopped to rest in the ditchs...I think there was a pair pied billed grebes,mallards, hooded mergansers and a few canadas that morning if I remember right....I just put my digiscope(these images were all digiscoped.."Nikon ED50") on the bogen clamp on window mount that day....worked great!

the set-up I use...

Frame_DSCF9875copy.jpg

Sweet images, Jonny. smile

It's coming soon . . . but it oughta HURRY! gringrin

I actually saw a hoodie on the way to work today. He was on Hwy 5 in that low area where there is a creek that heads into Grass Lake. He was running out of open water though! It was all turning into slush. Soon all the ditches will be full mergansers, wood ducks and mallards. Nice shots Johnny! It won't be long.

Haven't seen any of these bad boys yet. Clear this snow away and let 'em come!