• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"The Flight North""

jonny_redhorse

Well, these are last springs arrivals ...just a few images from last spring(Sax-Zim Bog) of these wonderful birds....maybe after this snowstorm is over,they'll resume flying north and I'll be able to update with more"recent" hoody pics...storms gotta be tough on these guys or any migrating waterfowl no doubt....

hoody17-1.jpg

hoody61.jpg

image-1.jpg

hoody8-1.jpg

Thanks guys.......You got her Shawn!...That's exactly what I did!...The ditch along Hwy 7 was just starting to thaw and several northern migrants of various species had stopped to rest in the ditchs...I think there was a pair pied billed grebes,mallards, hooded mergansers and a few canadas that morning if I remember right....I just put my digiscope(these images were all digiscoped.."Nikon ED50") on the bogen clamp on window mount that day....worked great!

the set-up I use...

Frame_DSCF9875copy.jpg

I actually saw a hoodie on the way to work today. He was on Hwy 5 in that low area where there is a creek that heads into Grass Lake. He was running out of open water though! It was all turning into slush. Soon all the ditches will be full mergansers, wood ducks and mallards. Nice shots Johnny! It won't be long.