• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice storm!! (6 pics)

Took a quick little trip around town to get some pictures of the storm. Sorry they are not very good..

I just took this picture at 1:02 from my living room window..

22409001.jpg

then this picture at 1:54.

22409018.jpg

The big tree in the picture has lost 4 branches since I took this picture, and to the right of that tree we have two more and one has broke in half...

22409006.jpg

22409008.jpg

22409015.jpg

22409016.jpg

Yeah its been pretty bad all day. The roads aren't to bad, but yeah the sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc. are TERRIBLE!! I honestly don't think we will have any trees left after this is all over!

And its getting WORSE!! The tree in the back yard lost two more branches and the one in front has also lost two more frown. The first three with a road in the picture is Edison and the other one is Ives.

If you know the area... power is out in Finland and Beaver Bay..

Power has gone in and out quite a few times now.. The city has stopped trying to pick up the trees and has now been pushing them to the side. It's gonna be a long night! I'll post some more pictures tomorrow of the aftermath!

Our power has quit flickering, so I'm figuring the warmup along with the winds have blown a lot of the ice off the power lines. Let's hope it stays that way. We're in a pretty vulnerable spot up here on Finn Hill in electrical terms, because we're long overdue for power service upgrades.

Methinks the people in the richer parts of Ely get the best service, ya know? Long as we have electricity for the shelf-rock basement sump pump, we'll be happy campers. smilesmile

i sorta know the area. i saw the school. My cousin lives across from the school on banks. And have family that lives up in Finland. Hope everything turns out alright. If the town needs any help cleaning up this weekend will have to get in the truck and come on up.

iceman