• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter Cover Question

Hafnutz

Just dug out the new cover for my Lodge and put it on. It seems to be pretty loose around the bottom. It has elastic but doesn't fit real snug and I'm afraid it will fly off when I tow it. Is there a drawstring that I didn't see? Or do I need to put a couple bungees across it to snug it down? It is the correct size for the sled as it says "Magnum" on it.

Yea, I'm in the same boat with my magnum. It might not blow off...but it darn well can fill full of snow. Just a poor excuse for a travel cover from the folks at Otter. I am really disappointed with it and I have been a big supporter of otter over the years. $55.00 worth of useless. just my opinion, but I never had to put bungees on my green magnum. What can ya do tho? Iceman out>

Out of the different Otters I've had, I've never had the cover blow off.

I haven't had a sled full of snow either, and I've never manipulated the factory cover. Earlier this winter sure was powder extreme too! Sure, some snow gets inside but it's never been a problem for me. Make sure you snug up all the corners correctly, secure enough cover over the lip of the sled and flip the bottom skin wpward and over before securing the cover.

I haven't done this, but I've heard of some guys using those wood working clamps to secure the cover on the side of the sled most likely to leak air.

The faster you go, the more snow will force it's way into the sled from increased air pressure. Watch the cover at various speeds and see for yourself.