Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Hafnutz

Otter Cover Question

Just dug out the new cover for my Lodge and put it on. It seems to be pretty loose around the bottom. It has elastic but doesn't fit real snug and I'm afraid it will fly off when I tow it. Is there a drawstring that I didn't see? Or do I need to put a couple bungees across it to snug it down? It is the correct size for the sled as it says "Magnum" on it.

The new covers fit a bit loose but I have never had one come off while going across the ice and thats at up to 40 mph. If your worried put a bunjy across the front.

Yea, I'm in the same boat with my magnum. It might not blow off...but it darn well can fill full of snow. Just a poor excuse for a travel cover from the folks at Otter. I am really disappointed with it and I have been a big supporter of otter over the years. $55.00 worth of useless. just my opinion, but I never had to put bungees on my green magnum. What can ya do tho? Iceman out>

Out of the different Otters I've had, I've never had the cover blow off.

I haven't had a sled full of snow either, and I've never manipulated the factory cover. Earlier this winter sure was powder extreme too! Sure, some snow gets inside but it's never been a problem for me. Make sure you snug up all the corners correctly, secure enough cover over the lip of the sled and flip the bottom skin wpward and over before securing the cover.

I haven't done this, but I've heard of some guys using those wood working clamps to secure the cover on the side of the sled most likely to leak air.

The faster you go, the more snow will force it's way into the sled from increased air pressure. Watch the cover at various speeds and see for yourself.

I've had issues with mine not fitting my magnum with the new style poles and 900 denier tent. Called otter and they stated they are coming out with a new cover soon. Have no idea what it looks or fits like. May want to give customer service a call.