• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ban on Kids ATV

Black_Bay

"it was a "hey lets do something quick that people will think is us doing something positive so they will like us quick! pass it pass it dont read it just pass it!"

kinda like the stimulus bill, why slow down to make sure we do it right, just pass it so it looks like we accomplished something"

Or the Patriot Act?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called our senator's office yesterday and talked to an aid. He did not have all of the info, but this is what he told me. Klobachar and Oberstar are working like crazy to get this fixed. The feeling I got from this man is that many in Washington think this was a big mistake. It was enacted by The Consumer Product Safety Commission. I requested information as to how this came about and who is responsible for this. The CPSC officials are not elected but appointed.

The CPSC isn't backing down:

BLUERIBBON COALITION ACTION ALERT!

UPDATE ON CHILDREN'S OHV BAN:

BUREAUCRATS REFUSE TO LISTEN - INCLUDE CHILDREN'S SNOWMOBILES IN BAN

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

Despite calls for Congressional hearings the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is refusing to lift the ban on children's off highway vehicles.

CPSC Commissioners voted late last week on procedures for determining exclusions. Based on that vote, BRC is not optimistic that the exclusion for youth model ATVs and dirt bikes will be granted anytime soon. Indeed, the bureaucrats at the CPSC have emphasized that their ban includes children's snowmobiles!

If you have already sent a letter to Congress and the CPSC, we want to thank you. Thanks to your many letters, phone calls, protests, and emails, the media has been reporting the obvious - that kids don't eat their ATVs and motorcycles!

The BlueRibbon Coalition is asking its members to redouble their efforts to fight the ban on youth OHVs. We are asking that folks follow up with another letter or email. We are also asking our members to forward this information to their friends and family.

The potential losses for the industry and local dealers are massive - up to $1 billion in retail economic value annually.

BRC asks you to join the efforts of the Western Caucus, Congressman Mike Simpson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, State Senator Tom Self, MIC/SVIA, and others to "encourage" the CPSC to do the right thing and grant existing petitions for a stay.

This bill was not a smart bill by all means but it had to start somewhere don't ya think. The bugs can be worked out. Its obvious the epa was not doing their job and thank fully someone in government stepped in and tried to do something about the problem of tainted merchandise being shipped into this country.

Show me a bill and now law that ever was perfect. I really don't think this law was intended to go after this particular industry just happened to be an unintended consequence. And it will be rectified

I dont think it was the battery in question but the paint on the ATV/cycle that was.

I don't disagree with you but, why do they keep writing bills and then "fixing" them later. Get it right. What are we paying you for anyway? This was mess up, the bailouts are messed up, budgets are messed up. Can they get anything right?